rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else feel general dislike toward members of your own ethnic group?

Anyone else feel general dislike toward members of your own ethnic group?

I'm not sure if that was a serious thought but we call Native Americans "Indians" because the first people to get to the New World thought it was the Indies (aka East Indies), and thus, the people there were called Indians. That's what Christopher Columbus was trying to do, he was trying to get to the Indies without sailing around Africa. At least, that's what I was taught in school, and it makes sense. That's why the Caribbean islands were known as the West Indies.

I've known a number of American Indians and they generally did not give a shit about the term "Native American". That's a PC invention. I either refer to them as Indians or by their tribe, if I know what it is.

-------------------

Anyway, I'm mostly German-Irish by blood but I've never identified as anything but American. The fact that I have close-by-blood relatives in Ireland is basically just neat trivia, I've never met them. No clue about any German relatives, I'm not even sure when the German side of my family came here, 5+ generations ago for sure. I don't have any cultural heritage from any of the major ethnicities in my background. So... No, I don't really have any particular feelings, positive or negative, about my ethnic brethren.

As far as American whites, well, they come in all sorts. Some are really cool, some are complete fucktards. Can't see that there's any real pattern, so I don't have any particular animosity toward them either. It's only in recent years that I've started to identify as white particularly, and that's been a response to the rise of identity politics practiced by other groups, so I'm not all "white pride" either.

Messages In This Thread