rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ios, Greece Report

Ios, Greece Report

I know this thread is a couple years old, but I just got back from a few nights on Ios, as a mid-30s dude who's generally laid back (read: exact opposite of the loudmouths that thrive in the club scene). This was part of a structured island hopping tour, not strictly for gaming although I was certainly open to possibilities, being single.

Most of what the OP stated is pretty much on-point, with some updates I'd like to offer for those considering a visit.

TL;DR for the impatient: unless you're young yourself (say, < 27), and thrive in caveman-style bar/club game, you should skip Ios.

BACKGROUND

There's basically two main groups that completely dominate the island this time of year: Aussies in the 21-25ish age bracket, and to a lesser extent Scandis that just graduated high school (in the 17-18 yr old range). You might find a tiny amount of local Greeks and other Euros, but because of their very small numbers they're not worth discussing.

Unlike what the OP stated and what you might expect given it's a beach scene during the summer, I saw practically no jacked dudes. Just the garden-variety skinny-fat young kids running around being loud and obnoxious. They are, as wilberforceeggmont noted, harmless and just out to have a good time.

And yes, this is absolutely, positively not the place for the laid-back style of gaming, or verbal pick-up. At all. If that's your manner of picking up chics then don't even bother coming here. To even get noticed by the Aussie women on Ios requires being as much of a monkey as you possibly can - loud and drunk as fuck, stumbling around, etc etc. You guys know exactly what I mean. I noticed this was predominantly an Aussie thing - the younger Scandis, oddly, were a bit quieter. I don't know if this is standard Aussie style of pickup or just the type of Aussie the Greek Islands attract, but this is what your competition is like if you plan to come out.

GAMING

As stated earlier, it's mostly Aussies followed by Scandis. There were definitely a decent number of quite attractive Aussie women, but for hook-ups they'd stick to their own. Many travel in mixed groups and end up bumping into friends, or friends-of-friends and hook up that way as well. I'd say 99% of women either already came with a guy they were screwing or would hook up with a guy from their own country.

There are practically no low-key bars (save for one or two that were just 'meh'), pretty much every place has blaring loud music with a dancefloor - even the tiniest of holes in the wall are like this.

ROUND-UP

I was only here for two nights in total but learned quickly that it's not for me. I'm at least a decade too late to this party, but for those on the young side with tight club game, this should definitely be on the radar for a summer jaunt. Come for a week, and come with a wing (or two) as that will help quite a bit.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Messages In This Thread