Roosh V Forum
Ios, Greece Report - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Ios, Greece Report (/thread-54650.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ios, Greece Report - griften - 03-23-2016

Figured I drop some knowledge on a place that had several positive drive-by posts a couple years ago, but never really had serious data compiled.

ME

Early 30's, skinny fit, average looks (don't think I'm ugly),white, American. Beginner level game, emerging from Anglosphere incel/monk mode, eager to make up lost time. Stayed 2 and a half weeks in early part of 2014 summer (highly doubt anything has changed since then).

BACKGROUND

Ios is a party island in the Aegean sea, not as famous as its other counterparts (Mykonos, Rhodes) but cheaper. The island itself is quite unimpressive, with 2 major beaches and 1 small town that is the center of it all. The bars/clubs aren't even worth mentioning, there are numerous interchangeable amounts of them in the town, all little one-room dive bars or one-room dance floors. Music is all top-20 crap across the board that will make you want to blow your brains out after 2-3 days. You can scuba dive/ ride quads and dirt bikes, and visit the tomb of Homer and a crumbling Venetian castle outpost. There isn't anything to do here other then lounge around and try to bang girls. The summer months it is inhabited by a large amount of young tourists.

Accommodation is simple, just get a hotel room from one of the many similar hotels/motels/apartments in town. Don't get one too far away from the main town or you just screwed yourself staying at some homestead too far away from any action. I'd recommend against any camp sites, be smart.

I ate at a gyro place every day, 1.5 euros for a giant gyro twice a day, kept it cheap and simple. You can get better food if you like but it'll cost a little more. It doesn't pay to get groceries, ironically it's cheaper to eat out. Maybe this is because it's a small island? I don't know. Beers in bars are as low as 2 euros, cheaper to pre-game, but it won't break the bank drinking a few at the bar.

The unseen dynamics of the island life are cryptic, and unfortunately for me I only figured it out on my last couple days there. You actually sleep twice a day. The morning is spent on the beaches where I'm sure beach game comes into play. The late afternoon brings a siesta of sorts where the inhabitants sleep until about midnight, then people wake up and party until 5:00am, pass out drunk, and then wake up and nurse their hangovers on the beach the next morning.

I missed the memo on this and basically just slept in the day and did nightlife at night. It did occur to me at some point that a lot of the tourists seemed to know each other from somewhere, only at the end was the secret revealed to me "meet people on the beach, party at night".

The inhabitants can be separated in 3 groups.

The first 2 groups are made up of western student population tourists. Australian/Irish/ English/ Scandinavian/Italian (in that order of frequency). 18 to 24 yo backpacker. Dumb and loud who enjoys bars and conversations just as dumb and loud. Beach body ready. Almost uniform standard fashion across the board. Sandals, wife-beater, wife-beater over bikini for girls. This is probably a sample of the best quality you will find in the West, which is like saying it's the best of the B team (which can actually be pretty good, but it just has it's issues). Just expect horrible tattoos, horrible attitudes, groups with the embedded fat cow cockblock, with the perk of being extra slutty. I don't have to go too further into it, most of you guys have lived in this environment.

The Australian guys in particular have made me never want to visit Australia in my life. The term metro sexual just doesn't cut it, as the above sandals and wife-beater attire becomes fruity with hot pink colors, and upside-down backwards visor wearing that is copied across the board. What is wrong with this country? There is a overpowering collective culture of a particular sort of douche bag that rubs me the wrong way in a death-of-the-west sense. Coupled together with the apparent extensive gym culture in Australia and you have an army of jacked meathead metro sexual clones to compete against you. More of an obstacle then you'd think.

THE MARATHON BACKPACKER. (young tourist population #1)

Staying on the island for about 3 days, been drinking, boozing, and fucking for up to 5 months. This group is out to have fun recklessly, have heard about Ios beforehand and therefore are effected by "Las Vegas" effect. A good portion of them will drink themselves into oblivion, laying out on the sidewalk until 4:00am with puke next to them. Girls are on travel-party mode. Guys are hunting. If you are going to score a 20 min bounce back bang this is where it will come from.

THE TRAVELING SLAVE WORKER BACKPACKER ( young tourist population #2)

Staying on the island for 3 months. Broke, works under the table as a hostess/host/whatever you call those people who try to coerce you to enter a bar and buy a beer. They have a far less YOLO attitude then the above demographic and have developed a college dorm high school-esque relationship with the other traveling slave worker backpackers on the island. These girls tend to drink less as they work all night and are more prone to swing into the mini-relationship during their stay on the island, filled with dawsons creek style drama "who broke up and fucked who" inside the slave worker backpacker community.

LOCAL GREEKS (population #3)

As the host tourism workforce they are magnanimous and have the patience of Buddha himself. I don't know how they do it as I was a tourist and hated tourists by the time I left. Girls? Don't even try, I'm sure it's possible but unless you're after the flag it's not worth it in both effort and looks.

OUTLIERS

Me basically, I met 1 other American. I saw 2 Russian girls, there was one Austrian guy I briefly conversed with, they both settled in the young tourist population #1 and #2 otherwise in both purpose and age. This is in a sea of hundreds to thousands of tourists.

ISSUES ENCOUNTERED

I know this can be a touchy subject. I was slightly older, early 30's versus the 22 year old median, but I'm here to give my experience and I felt like the oldest guy on the entire island by far. Seeing others playing punch-buggy will do that to you. There is only so much jumping around like a fucking idiot, standing on the bar, shaking up booze rap video style and filming yourself with your smartphone that one can take. Club game has no conversation involved, it's too loud. Having no patience for idiots cramped my vibe on more nights then one.

I can see several archetypes do well here, the beastly proto-alpha male, Lou Ferrigno physique, sit in a corner you'll eventually get propositioned by a drunk girl, the no-conversation atmosphere would work in your favor. Or be young (or at least excessively high energy) like the rest of the crowd and be able to blend into the high energy disaster fest that a club full of 19 year old westerners feel at-home in, or at least tolerate.

I used to leave my apartment at approximately midnight and stay out until the sun came up past 5:00am. I tried to approach at least 10 girls a night in a 2 and a half week period. Some nights I approached as many as 30, other nights I was beat down from a myriad of related reasons and would go as low as 4. I counted an approach as anything I did that could have led to further escalation, something as basic as seeing a girl walk by eating something and saying " that looks delicious.. where did you get that?". My first thing I'd do at midnight was walk to the center town area where there were 4 bars in a row, and I would go up to each of the 4 hosts in front of the bar. (male or female didn't matter) and asked them about their night one after the other to get into a talkative mood. It helped a lot.

Despite my meager efforts; Bangs:0

STORIES

LOUIS

One of the above mentioned hosts was a 25 year old Englishman I'll call Louis. Louis was in excellent shape, articulate, and was above average in looks, I felt that after talking to him he'd do well in most environments. It didn't take long before we both acknowledged we were both here for women. Louis was telling me how he was on Ios for a month and hated it. He had also had 0 bangs (when I heard this I couldn't help but feel some validation that it wasn't just me) His reasoning is that it's all luck and just bumping into the right girl at the right time. He recounted a story about how at 4:50am a hot little girl with big tits came up to him and propositioned him for sex indirectly. He told her to wait "right here" seating her at a table outside of the club he worked at and ran inside to tell his boss he was leaving early, his boss said "ok, just count out your money really fast". Louis said he never counted so fast in his life, glancing at the table with his fresh meat every 3 seconds. Unfortunately for Louis he wasn't fast enough, as a "carnie" as he put it, tatted up to his neck, sat with the girl, and after less than a minute of conversation and a cheek touch got her to leave with him. He was beyond salty at that, I would be too.

Louis rage-quit his job one night, last time I saw him he said he booked a flight to Thessaloniki as he had a blast there, and said it was the best place to pull Greek girls consistently.

THE TWO IRISH LASSES

Early on in my stay, at the end of one night when night turned to day, I was walking home drunk from the last bar to close. At the turn to enter my hotel, there were two blonde irish girls, a 7 and a 7.5, laying on the ground in skimpy dirty clothes talking nonsense and laughing to one another. I don't remember what I said, might have been something like " I guess that's how a good night ends!". The girls instantly warmed up to me and asked me what I was doing and they were lost, playing the dumb drunk bimbo act. I said I was going home and I'm staying right up this path. The 7.5 and the 7 responded at the same time, with the 7.5 saying they live down this street and could I take them home and the 7 asked me if I had room for them.

I've thought about this a lot and why I didn't play my hand better, but I instead answered the take them home question reflexively, the other more higher-chance-for-sexual-activity topic died and never came back up. The walk wasn't long and the girls were still receptive to me, the 7 was begging me to text her tomorrow. The next day I texted both of them, radio silence. I saw them out a few days later and a wave was all I got.

Was it my inner beta instinctively sabotaging me? Probably. If I could do it again I'd do things differently, all I can do is learn from it and I definitely did.

CONCLUSION

14 days in Ios, strike out.

I'm glad I went as it helped me close the book on several itches I've had, namely island life and the high octane 19 year old LETS FUCKIN PAAARTTYYY crowd. I have no interest in either of them. I've outgrown that scene and as far as living on an island goes, it's like living in a small town you can't easily escape.

I won't be going back to Ios. But knowing what I know, if I hypothetically was going back; I'd do a steroid cycle and hit the gym for a year beforehand hard. Going with a group of friends might help too. The quality is there to just about make the trip worth it, but as I mentioned above, I feel the place caters to a few archetypes and I'm not one of them.

Ios, Greece Report - Beirut - 03-23-2016

Great sheet, thanks. Ive been to a few of these beach party destinations and can totally sympathize, being early 30s myself.

But its still a great time if you manage your expectations accordingly.

Im not high energy AT ALL, and never was, but i do like clubs, but looking back most of the girls i hooked up with were on the beach as well, although if you do nightgame long enough youll get random british girls molest you and plenty of iois, but its just too annoying to be there and so totally disconnected from the general vibe and age averages.

Might do a couple of them this year as theyre close to me, havent decided when or which.

Ios, Greece Report - Dantes - 03-23-2016

Thanks for the honest report. When you refer to locals, do you mean the island girls or Greeks in general who are on vacation ?

Ios, Greece Report - hedonist - 03-23-2016

I've got a buddy who does season after season there....he is in his 30's now and cleans up BUT his job does a huge part of the work for him.
He also has some of the best game I've seen.

He keeps telling me to go over but warns its a young crowd ..

This makes me tired looking at it lol

I had a blast in a place called Lagos in Portugal (quite a few years back though) I often wondered how it changed because its not as well known (or at least at the time!)
Every night me and my buddy picked up.

Ios, Greece Report - Mentavious - 03-23-2016

Sounds like it's for the younger party guys

My kind of place

Ios, Greece Report - Brodiaga - 03-23-2016

Thanks for the honest report. Are all greek party islands like that, i mean for party guys in their 20s, preferably early 20s?

Ios, Greece Report - RexImperator - 03-23-2016

I heard that Mikonos is more for older types and gays faggots.

Ios, Greece Report - Brosemite - 03-23-2016

Quote: (03-23-2016 06:38 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I heard that Mikonos is more for older types and gays faggots.

There's more talent in Mykonos peak season..I went just right after peak season..gays, fat chicks, and super thirsty dudes. I however had a good time renting a scooter/atv driving around peaceful areas with nice warm water beaches.

I think Santorini is better for hooking up with better looking girls wanting to find themselves. It doesn't have the hookup publicity Mykonos does, but I found it exponentially better.

Ios, Greece Report - hedonist - 03-23-2016

I'd advise to stay the fuck away from here

Ios, Greece Report - MrRoundtree - 03-23-2016

Here's my datasheet man for Ios and other Greek Islands...seems I had a similar experience to yours... I was solo also and 24 at the time:

I spent 3 days in Rhodes and i'm thinking of leaving today for Santorini and Ios. My main drawback has been lack of sleep and fatigue + a lack of a proper wingman which hurted my game a lot.

The good: Rhodes old town is beautiful and is the main reason to go there. The castle is HUGE, I actually prefer this old town to the one in Dubrovnyk just because of the castle. Lindos is also worth a day trip to see the acropolis but it is a small city I don't see why I would stay long there. The greeks and the greek girls are pretty awesome I must say, some of the friendliest to talk to. They can either be pretty conservative or slutty/easy to talk to in a bar but I haven't seen a foreigner pulling any. There were some Israelians, Romanians tourists that were coming in pair that I met in bars, they all got picked up (by Swiss and swedish guys), they were actually the coolest and the most talkative. I'd say I was doing pretty good with them but the lack of wingman killed me, because the girls had the choice between me or the second guy in a pair of swiss/swedish guys. I would say these guys had a huge advantage because they re from the two richest countries in Europe and if it makes sense to have a pair of guys with the same pair of girls.

The bad: Swedish, norwegians girls, they are all fucking 18-19 years old and most of the time 15-18. I won't actually say its a bad thing but the problem is these girls have no self-control, they party in all-include hotels stay there until midnight then go out to dance in circles with their friends but most of them stay in their hotel. Some Norwegians girls were pretty awesome to open and talk to but they were the exception rather than the norm. The vast majority don't speak good english. The bars are even worst because its full of scandinavians guys, it is a total sausagefest so the girls are NOT receptive at all. The crowd is way too young in my opinion (the swiss who pulled the Israeli was a virgin before that he told me). A lot of them are on the chubby side too.

I must add also that all the swede guys had no game besides the two that pulled the two romanian girls and, surprise, these two guys traveled a lot and even stayed in America.

Last thing, no russian girls in sight. They probably don't go out on the bar street.

The ugly: It's a pain in the ass to get and leave this island.

So in the end:
GO TO RHODES FOR: The old town, the beaches, the architecture, some of the girls but you will NOT be impressed by the scandinavian girls.

UPDATE: Rhodos received a lot of hot Swedish/Norwegians yesterday. I think it was just bad the last 2 previous days because it was transition day for arrival and departure. Yesterday was a lot better the bars were packed with the right kind of people (20-21 years old)

I got my Norwegian flag, she had E size boobs. Very good fuck now I remembered why I prefered Europeans to Americans.

Overall 3 days is ok to see everything there is to see and I'm lucky I got my Norwegian flag in 3 days because I wouldn't have stayed longer. Its the kind of scene where dressing nice won't be very helpful so I definately had to adapt to that age range and european game.

I also retalked to the two swedes who pulled the romanians and they told me they didn't sleep with them, they only made out..I was impressed by their game still.
I would go back to Ios but with a gang of dudes with the RVF mentality and hit on the chicks at night but with proper game and mentality...heck this would be much more fun than going alone. Similar to my stay with the Budapest crew.

Here's my take on Ios.

Crowded with Australians..literally. And not the good kind, found some of the worst douchebag I had seen. It is beach game there. I think it's the Bogan island of Greece.

There is also a lot of italians and they tend to go out later at night. I found some Norvegians I managed to kiss another Norvegian but turns out her boyfriend was there also...the guy was too fucked up and wasn't angry but the girl felt bad.

Overall, there's nothing to do in Ios besides partying. There were also a lot of canadians the time I was there, mostly everyone was in a group and its the kind of place you feel a little rejected and is no great for solo travelers..it definitely has the feel that the place is purposely made for group partying with your mates. Approaching as a soloer potential wings felt like a chore (guys 5 years younger than me who thought it was weird, didn't have anything interesting to share or say..). Girls were not hard to approach sometimes but you definitely give the vibe that you are not having fun and trying to score (with canadians and aussies anyway). Italians, scandinavians and anglo chicks looked a bit more open.

I literally had a Korean make-up artist/ model as a roommate..I took her out during the day spent time at the pool at the beach and at supper with her but since she doesn't drink she went out by herself and she wanted me to come with her. If it wasn't for the fact that I find their personnality disturing and not sexy and that she had the body of a child I would have gone for sure but this was my first asian experience and I don't know if Koreans are open to one night stands so I just decided to stay with 2 canadian mates and go out..turned out these guys were complete betas. I regret not going with the girl but I thought it could have been a reaaaaally boring night or a reaaaaaaally good one.

Besides the 2 canadians and the Korean girl there was also a Swedish chick that I'm supposed to meet in Santorini but I'm not sure it will work out because I'm leaving the day she arrives. All other people at the hsotel are complete douchebags and jackass austtralians, I didn't want to talk to them. All the girls were very hot too but their personnality wasn't really cool. In the bars, you have to watch out some girls will dance with you just so you spend money at the bar, they are working there but you would not notice

I had a cough for the last 6 days and I'm really tired from clubbing and bar hopping. My best night was in a club called Sweet Irish where I was wearing a handband and all the girls wanted to touch it. I made out with 3 irish girls that night and was going to go home with one but when she asked me where I was from after dancing she just walked away back to the club and went dancing with an Italian or a Greek. Perhaps she was trying to get flags.
The other great nightclub is called Scorpions it is in a cave and it's crowded with Italians. The ratio was better in Sweet Irish but the italians were really cool with me.

Anyway Ios wasn't my scene, it's a place you need to go with your friends to have a good time but as a solo traveller it is not really interesting. I'm really more interested in Europeans than Australians so I'm disappointed to see so far that the Cyclades don't have a lot of europeans. It's possible to have fun in Ios even at 30 years old but you need to be with guys with a good and fun vibe up to party.

I met a really nice italian yesterday though coming to Santorini, hoping I will see her at the bar she told me where she was going.

Santorini:

This has been my favorite island ki the Cyclades (I went to Milos also just for sightseeing). There is a lot of things to do in Santorini, the volcano in incredible. My night out yesterday was at some bar called Highlander, I went out with a bunch of Australians (again) but they were much more cool. In any hostel there, you will find australians but they were much cooler, educated and open-minded than in Ios..cool night.

The interesting thing: I met an Italian girl from Rome when walking in the streets and she gave me a look that you can't forget. She gave me her name and she was going back to the apartment with her friends, I saw her randomly last night at highlander..I was extremely surprised she remembered my name but...I didn't. She left.......and she came back one hour after, she was still looking at me so I talked to her apologised for not remembering her name..told her that I will never forget again...blabla.. after 5 min we were making out for the whole night and dancing. Her friends wanted to leave at the end she gave me her name and phone number. She wants to meet again tonight, we will see how it goes..received a lot of smilies but she is with 4 friends and I think 2 guys friends also. I will have to play it cool with them..

I will post a more detailed post about the island shortly

Ios, Greece Report - wilberforceeggmont - 03-24-2016

Quote: (03-23-2016 06:30 AM)griften Wrote:  

Figured I drop some knowledge on a place that had several positive drive-by posts a couple years ago, but never really had serious data compiled.

ME

Early 30's, skinny fit, average looks (don't think I'm ugly),white, American. Beginner level game, emerging from Anglosphere incel/monk mode, eager to make up lost time. Stayed 2 and a half weeks in early part of 2014 summer (highly doubt anything has changed since then).

BACKGROUND

Ios is a party island in the Aegean sea, not as famous as its other counterparts (Mykonos, Rhodes) but cheaper. The island itself is quite unimpressive, with 2 major beaches and 1 small town that is the center of it all. The bars/clubs aren't even worth mentioning, there are numerous interchangeable amounts of them in the town, all little one-room dive bars or one-room dance floors. Music is all top-20 crap across the board that will make you want to blow your brains out after 2-3 days. You can scuba dive/ ride quads and dirt bikes, and visit the tomb of Homer and a crumbling Venetian castle outpost. There isn't anything to do here other then lounge around and try to bang girls. The summer months it is inhabited by a large amount of young tourists.

Accommodation is simple, just get a hotel room from one of the many similar hotels/motels/apartments in town. Don't get one too far away from the main town or you just screwed yourself staying at some homestead too far away from any action. I'd recommend against any camp sites, be smart.

I ate at a gyro place every day, 1.5 euros for a giant gyro twice a day, kept it cheap and simple. You can get better food if you like but it'll cost a little more. It doesn't pay to get groceries, ironically it's cheaper to eat out. Maybe this is because it's a small island? I don't know. Beers in bars are as low as 2 euros, cheaper to pre-game, but it won't break the bank drinking a few at the bar.

The unseen dynamics of the island life are cryptic, and unfortunately for me I only figured it out on my last couple days there. You actually sleep twice a day. The morning is spent on the beaches where I'm sure beach game comes into play. The late afternoon brings a siesta of sorts where the inhabitants sleep until about midnight, then people wake up and party until 5:00am, pass out drunk, and then wake up and nurse their hangovers on the beach the next morning.

I missed the memo on this and basically just slept in the day and did nightlife at night. It did occur to me at some point that a lot of the tourists seemed to know each other from somewhere, only at the end was the secret revealed to me "meet people on the beach, party at night".

The inhabitants can be separated in 3 groups.

The first 2 groups are made up of western student population tourists. Australian/Irish/ English/ Scandinavian/Italian (in that order of frequency). 18 to 24 yo backpacker. Dumb and loud who enjoys bars and conversations just as dumb and loud. Beach body ready. Almost uniform standard fashion across the board. Sandals, wife-beater, wife-beater over bikini for girls. This is probably a sample of the best quality you will find in the West, which is like saying it's the best of the B team (which can actually be pretty good, but it just has it's issues). Just expect horrible tattoos, horrible attitudes, groups with the embedded fat cow cockblock, with the perk of being extra slutty. I don't have to go too further into it, most of you guys have lived in this environment.

The Australian guys in particular have made me never want to visit Australia in my life. The term metro sexual just doesn't cut it, as the above sandals and wife-beater attire becomes fruity with hot pink colors, and upside-down backwards visor wearing that is copied across the board. What is wrong with this country? There is a overpowering collective culture of a particular sort of douche bag that rubs me the wrong way in a death-of-the-west sense. Coupled together with the apparent extensive gym culture in Australia and you have an army of jacked meathead metro sexual clones to compete against you. More of an obstacle then you'd think.

THE MARATHON BACKPACKER. (young tourist population #1)

Staying on the island for about 3 days, been drinking, boozing, and fucking for up to 5 months. This group is out to have fun recklessly, have heard about Ios beforehand and therefore are effected by "Las Vegas" effect. A good portion of them will drink themselves into oblivion, laying out on the sidewalk until 4:00am with puke next to them. Girls are on travel-party mode. Guys are hunting. If you are going to score a 20 min bounce back bang this is where it will come from.

THE TRAVELING SLAVE WORKER BACKPACKER ( young tourist population #2)

Staying on the island for 3 months. Broke, works under the table as a hostess/host/whatever you call those people who try to coerce you to enter a bar and buy a beer. They have a far less YOLO attitude then the above demographic and have developed a college dorm high school-esque relationship with the other traveling slave worker backpackers on the island. These girls tend to drink less as they work all night and are more prone to swing into the mini-relationship during their stay on the island, filled with dawsons creek style drama "who broke up and fucked who" inside the slave worker backpacker community.

LOCAL GREEKS (population #3)

As the host tourism workforce they are magnanimous and have the patience of Buddha himself. I don't know how they do it as I was a tourist and hated tourists by the time I left. Girls? Don't even try, I'm sure it's possible but unless you're after the flag it's not worth it in both effort and looks.

OUTLIERS

Me basically, I met 1 other American. I saw 2 Russian girls, there was one Austrian guy I briefly conversed with, they both settled in the young tourist population #1 and #2 otherwise in both purpose and age. This is in a sea of hundreds to thousands of tourists.

ISSUES ENCOUNTERED

I know this can be a touchy subject. I was slightly older, early 30's versus the 22 year old median, but I'm here to give my experience and I felt like the oldest guy on the entire island by far. Seeing others playing punch-buggy will do that to you. There is only so much jumping around like a fucking idiot, standing on the bar, shaking up booze rap video style and filming yourself with your smartphone that one can take. Club game has no conversation involved, it's too loud. Having no patience for idiots cramped my vibe on more nights then one.

I can see several archetypes do well here, the beastly proto-alpha male, Lou Ferrigno physique, sit in a corner you'll eventually get propositioned by a drunk girl, the no-conversation atmosphere would work in your favor. Or be young (or at least excessively high energy) like the rest of the crowd and be able to blend into the high energy disaster fest that a club full of 19 year old westerners feel at-home in, or at least tolerate.

I used to leave my apartment at approximately midnight and stay out until the sun came up past 5:00am. I tried to approach at least 10 girls a night in a 2 and a half week period. Some nights I approached as many as 30, other nights I was beat down from a myriad of related reasons and would go as low as 4. I counted an approach as anything I did that could have led to further escalation, something as basic as seeing a girl walk by eating something and saying " that looks delicious.. where did you get that?". My first thing I'd do at midnight was walk to the center town area where there were 4 bars in a row, and I would go up to each of the 4 hosts in front of the bar. (male or female didn't matter) and asked them about their night one after the other to get into a talkative mood. It helped a lot.

Despite my meager efforts; Bangs:0

STORIES

LOUIS

One of the above mentioned hosts was a 25 year old Englishman I'll call Louis. Louis was in excellent shape, articulate, and was above average in looks, I felt that after talking to him he'd do well in most environments. It didn't take long before we both acknowledged we were both here for women. Louis was telling me how he was on Ios for a month and hated it. He had also had 0 bangs (when I heard this I couldn't help but feel some validation that it wasn't just me) His reasoning is that it's all luck and just bumping into the right girl at the right time. He recounted a story about how at 4:50am a hot little girl with big tits came up to him and propositioned him for sex indirectly. He told her to wait "right here" seating her at a table outside of the club he worked at and ran inside to tell his boss he was leaving early, his boss said "ok, just count out your money really fast". Louis said he never counted so fast in his life, glancing at the table with his fresh meat every 3 seconds. Unfortunately for Louis he wasn't fast enough, as a "carnie" as he put it, tatted up to his neck, sat with the girl, and after less than a minute of conversation and a cheek touch got her to leave with him. He was beyond salty at that, I would be too.

Louis rage-quit his job one night, last time I saw him he said he booked a flight to Thessaloniki as he had a blast there, and said it was the best place to pull Greek girls consistently.

THE TWO IRISH LASSES

Early on in my stay, at the end of one night when night turned to day, I was walking home drunk from the last bar to close. At the turn to enter my hotel, there were two blonde irish girls, a 7 and a 7.5, laying on the ground in skimpy dirty clothes talking nonsense and laughing to one another. I don't remember what I said, might have been something like " I guess that's how a good night ends!". The girls instantly warmed up to me and asked me what I was doing and they were lost, playing the dumb drunk bimbo act. I said I was going home and I'm staying right up this path. The 7.5 and the 7 responded at the same time, with the 7.5 saying they live down this street and could I take them home and the 7 asked me if I had room for them.

I've thought about this a lot and why I didn't play my hand better, but I instead answered the take them home question reflexively, the other more higher-chance-for-sexual-activity topic died and never came back up. The walk wasn't long and the girls were still receptive to me, the 7 was begging me to text her tomorrow. The next day I texted both of them, radio silence. I saw them out a few days later and a wave was all I got.

Was it my inner beta instinctively sabotaging me? Probably. If I could do it again I'd do things differently, all I can do is learn from it and I definitely did.

CONCLUSION

14 days in Ios, strike out.

I'm glad I went as it helped me close the book on several itches I've had, namely island life and the high octane 19 year old LETS FUCKIN PAAARTTYYY crowd. I have no interest in either of them. I've outgrown that scene and as far as living on an island goes, it's like living in a small town you can't easily escape.

I won't be going back to Ios. But knowing what I know, if I hypothetically was going back; I'd do a steroid cycle and hit the gym for a year beforehand hard. Going with a group of friends might help too. The quality is there to just about make the trip worth it, but as I mentioned above, I feel the place caters to a few archetypes and I'm not one of them.

Hi mate

34 year old Aussie here, posting for the first time. I thought this was as good a place to start as any. I have been lurking for about a month or so because I am newly single and have always been good with the ladies and was thus drawn to what ostensibly should be a PUA site but never intended to post as it was my expectation that most posts on this site would be uninformative or, exaggerations due to bias. Suffice to say I have been pleasantly surprised, to the extent to which I am willing to believe a lot of the stories on here...

I liked your post. From it I would make the following random points.

No late teen / early twenties guy looks anything like Lou Ferrigno anywhere in the world unless there are a few crazy Russian powerlifters who have taken a dangerously high level of steroids. This is a minor point, I know, but I only make it because the mention of a name stands out in a sea of text. And when Lou's name in particular is used it conjures up images of a super-massively jacked up guy roaming the shores of Ios having his pick of the women. This extremely huge body builder type is a rare sight. Im talking 22 inch arms and jaw-dropping muscularity. You could spend twenty years on the Greek islands and never see anyone of that size. What you will see, and the Aussies you saw, are lots of guys with around 10-15% bodyfat who look like they may train three times a week. Theyre fit, with some size, but dont look like serious bodybuilders at all.

At this point I should reveal that I am a serious bodybuilder and have been a steroid and HGH user on and off for about ten years. Pumping iron is a passion. I don't know why. I was always a bit of a nerd at school.

I'm surprised you didn't know what you were getting yourself in to. I thought it was common knowledge that the Greek islands were largely full of early twenties travellers. Ive been there twice and can vouch for everything you have said, as a general rule. I can tell you from first hand experience that these party islands are all about the way you look and being a true Alpha. Fake alphas are weeded out quickly, as there is so much choice for the women that only those who really go in strong without having to fake confidence get the rewards. Betas are not given the time of day unless you happen to be extremely good looking and bump in to a chick from the same country who has just broken up with her boyfriend and is happy to meet a "nice guy" amongst all of the pussy-hungry boys on the island.

On the point of your success, or lack there of, do you think your age had anything to do with it? I'm curious. Do you look early thirties? If you do, there would be no doubt that it worked against you. If you look late 20s, it shouldn't have been a problem. I know the mid 20s POME didn't have much luck with the ladies either so I am genuinely curious as to what you two did wrong, if anything. Your perfect failure rate needs to be analysed.

Having said that, you blew it with the Irish birds big-time! Irish chicks are pretty loose. You should have pushed them in to your room quick smart, got both of them on the bed (with the 7 lying in between you two) so as to come across as a decent bloke offering room on his bed for the night. You could have then commenced dialogue with the 7 and escalated. This is a party island. If shes asking if you have room for them, then you're gonna bang one, if not both.

In relation to young Aussie males, please understand they're harmless. If I didn't think better of you I would accuse you of being jealous because you're thinking they got all the pussy while you left empty-handed. Groups of young Aussie men are fearless. Fearless to explore. Fearless to fight. They can be confronting as a group but underneath it all is the good intention to have a good time. Having said that, I get pissed of with them as much as you do from time to time when I'm overseas, and I actually understand them. Personally, and it is not my aim to play tit-for-tat here, but the overly confident, insular, stereotypical loud-mouth American who thinks he knows everything and is "entitled to a great life because I'M AN AMERICAN" and has a good job irritates me more then any Aussie would. I know what I'm talking about - I lived in DC for six months and have been to the US six times in total.

The thing with fashion is that it homogenises appearance. When combined with a gym culture, fashion is used to draw attention to the body. That is was you were subjected to. I know, it sucks, but they're teenagers or just a few years older so you shouldn't have been overly surprised once you considered their age. As you're in your early 30s, I am also unsurprised by how little you were taken by the LETS FUCKING PAAAAARTY atmosphere. Without sounding facetious - It's called growing up.

In conclusion, your post confirms what I have thought about party islands for a very long time. The competition is young and thirsty, and the truly good-looking alphas thrive in a mix of youthful exuberance and young women keen to experiment with intoxicants and sex - away from their parents but amongst friends who can bail them out should it be required. Serious PUAs don't bother with these islands, because its too much effort for too little reward.

Cheers mate. All the best. DO visit us.

Ios, Greece Report - Adrenaline - 03-24-2016

Bali attracts some annoying Aussies (bogans) but I'm guessing the Greek Islands attracts an even worse type of Aussie. The young, elitist, extroverted neanderthal who knows nothing about game but can caveman their way to pussy through hunting in large social circles, sheer aggresiveness and steroid abuse. Trust me, it's not easy being even slightly introverted and competing with these guys. I'm well above average appearance wise and even struggle against them with a slightly introverted personality because they just don't give you room to breath. If a girl is on her own for half a second, they will pounce. If the girl is sitting right next to you, they will pounce. Hell, if the girl is grinding on YOU they'll still try to pounce. Give me the lazy, harmless Aussie dudes who chase hookers in Kuta any day.

Anyone been to Thai Islands (Phi Phi, Samui, Koh Phangan) and Greek Islands? How would you compare the two?

Ios, Greece Report - hedonist - 03-24-2016

Quote: (03-24-2016 12:35 AM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Bali attracts some annoying Aussies (bogans) but I'm guessing the Greek Islands attracts an even worse type of Aussie. The young, elitist, extroverted neanderthal who knows nothing about game but can caveman their way to pussy through hunting in large social circles, sheer aggresiveness and steroid abuse. Trust me, it's not easy being even slightly introverted and competing with these guys. I'm well above average appearance wise and even struggle against them with a slightly introverted personality because they just don't give you room to breath. If a girl is on her own for half a second, they will pounce. If the girl is sitting right next to you, they will pounce. Hell, if the girl is grinding on YOU they'll still try to pounce. Give me the lazy, harmless Aussie dudes who chase hookers in Kuta any day.

Anyone been to Thai Islands (Phi Phi, Samui, Koh Phangan) and Greek Islands? How would you compare the two?

I've only been to Corfu but I never experienced anything like what I heard about Ios.

I met a guy that worked on the booze cruise for Pink Palace in Corfu and he went through about 50 women in the season.

Phi Phi used to be incredible but they moved some of the nightlife over to the other side of the beach and to me it wasn't the same.
Koh Phangan was great as well but Samui was more quiet.
Again depends a little on the time of year for what crowds go.

My other buddy has worked in both so I'll have to ask him.

Ios, Greece Report - wilberforceeggmont - 03-24-2016

Adrenaline,

You use the word "elitist" in an odd context. I would say it is misplaced.

NYE full moon parties on Koh Phangan had a lot of POMS on it. I was there 2008 and 2011.

On the point of steroid abuse, if any of the guys I have seen in the 18-30 age group in all of my travels over the last fifteen years have been on steroids, they should be asking for their money back.

Being 6'0, 12% BF and 85kg does not mean you are on steroids.

Being 6'0, 12-15% BF and 105kg usually does.

If you are in fact of well above average appearance, you should be smashing low 7s to high 7s pretty easily, even with moderate game. If you're not, you need to re-train your PUA skills and re-game.

The final point I would make, and I think it's the most important, is that the ultra-aggressive Alpha you refer to in your post, regardless of nationality, isn't getting the best looking women, in my experience. You think they are, but they're not. I very rarely see them leave with 8s and 9s. The super-hot chicks, especially the 8.5s and above, don't reward the effort of these guys because their "try-too-hard" meter starts flashing. You can try a bit too hard and come across as overly confident with 7s and still bag them, but if you want to reel in the big fish it's actually better to tone down the approach.

As such, it may well be that you in fact are banging the same level of bird or better birds than the type of Aussie male you so openly despise, without looking like a tool in the process and with much less effort.

Ios, Greece Report - MrRoundtree - 03-24-2016

The point is...play up your strenghts. I'm not from a beach culture far from it..in opposition I thrive in mountain and after-ski environment.

Ios, Greece Report - Hafran - 03-24-2016

Quote: (03-23-2016 03:35 PM)hedonist Wrote:  

I've got a buddy who does season after season there....he is in his 30's now and cleans up BUT his job does a huge part of the work for him.
He also has some of the best game I've seen.

He keeps telling me to go over but warns its a young crowd ..

This makes me tired looking at it lol

I had a blast in a place called Lagos in Portugal (quite a few years back though) I often wondered how it changed because its not as well known (or at least at the time!)
Every night me and my buddy picked up.

At 4:30 in this video, the girl from the other sailing videos (sailing thread) appears...
I remember the guy mentioned finding her while she was partying in a Greek island. I would guess she was in population #2, looking to get out.

Good data sheet, I liked the humor!

I didn't go to any Greek island, but I went to Malta which sounds very familiar to what you describe. The young beach, overhyped party atmosphere. Malta was full of thirsty Italian/French/Spanish dudes hunting in pack and underage people who are there to "study English".

I had a blast as I was 19 back then, but I would definitely not go back now that I'm a bit older. This party scene isn't appealing at all anymore.

Quote: (03-24-2016 03:58 AM)wilberforceeggmont Wrote:  

Adrenaline,

You use the word "elitist" in an odd context. I would say it is misplaced.

NYE full moon parties on Koh Phangan had a lot of POMS on it. I was there 2008 and 2011.

On the point of steroid abuse, if any of the guys I have seen in the 18-30 age group in all of my travels over the last fifteen years have been on steroids, they should be asking for their money back.

Being 6'0, 12% BF and 85kg does not mean you are on steroids.

Being 6'0, 12-15% BF and 105kg usually does.

If you are in fact of well above average appearance, you should be smashing low 7s to high 7s pretty easily, even with moderate game. If you're not, you need to re-train your PUA skills and re-game.

The final point I would make, and I think it's the most important, is that the ultra-aggressive Alpha you refer to in your post, regardless of nationality, isn't getting the best looking women, in my experience. You think they are, but they're not. I very rarely see them leave with 8s and 9s. The super-hot chicks, especially the 8.5s and above, don't reward the effort of these guys because their "try-too-hard" meter starts flashing. You can try a bit too hard and come across as overly confident with 7s and still bag them, but if you want to reel in the big fish it's actually better to tone down the approach.

As such, it may well be that you in fact are banging the same level of bird or better birds than the type of Aussie male you so openly despise, without looking like a tool in the process and with much less effort.

All I meant by elitist is the people who want to separate themselves from the typical Australian "bogans" going to near-by beach destinations like Bali and the Thai islands because they think they're above that, so they go to Greece to party and chase tail instead. These men aren't as unsophisticated (Extremely alpha, no bad tattoos, higher standards in both who they associate with and women), usually have some kind of European heritage (Greek Australian, Italian Australian etc) and are a much higher level of competition than your average Australian in Asian beach destinations. That's why I said I would rather compete with 6'2 muscular prawn heads in Asia who end up with hookers 90% of the time than 6'2 muscular solid looking guys hunting aggressively in packs in Ios. You may have a point about these guys not always getting the highest quality women but let's face it, there aren't many 9's in a beach party environment and from what I've seen any DTF 7 or 8 falls for their aggressive caveman shit because they just want to be fucked by an ultra-aggressive alpha guy which to them translates to 'Good in bed'.

Interesting you mention 6'0, 85 kg because those are pretty much my exact stats and I've been asked if I'm on steriods several times lol, despite having what I would describe as a muscular athletic body rather than a bodybuilders physique. I probably didn't mean steroid-abusing literally (in most cases) but I think it's fair to say that most men who are attracted to the beach party islands in Greece have a very good physique and it's difficult to stand out even if you are in great shape yourself.

Anyway, my main point is an introverted guy is going to struggle in competition with the tall, alpha, loud, aggressive Australian in such an environment and I think most guys on this forum who aren't the biggest personality in the room and have been to the Greek islands, especially solo, will attest to that.

Ios, Greece Report - MrRoundtree - 03-24-2016

These guys don't even travel solo anyway over there...of course in that kind of environment they will be in a position of power. Most soloers there end up with nada from experience. It just isn't the same experience because the party aspect is way less fun by yourself and most guys won't be open to add competition to their gang.

Quote: (03-24-2016 06:25 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

These guys don't even travel solo anyway over there...of course in that kind of environment they will be in a position of power. Most soloers there end up with nada from experience. It just isn't the same experience because the party aspect is way less fun by yourself and most guys won't be open to add competition to their gang.

Very true, but I think it also depends on how comfortable one is being solo and their type of personality and game. I've been to Phi Phi twice, once for 5 days solo, and once for a week with a mate. Solo I picked up 4/5 nights. With a mate, 0/7 nights. This may have come down to luck, but I went at the exact same time of the year on both occasions, and pulled the same high energy dance game both times so results shouldn't have been that different. I think being solo forces you to meet new people, and depending on the girl gives you an aura, but only if you look comfortable doing it obviously. A few drinks usually gives me this vibe. In saying that, Ios may be a a completely different playing field because of more social groups/less backpacker types?

Ios, Greece Report - griften - 03-24-2016

Thanks for the feedback, I read it all.

Quote: (03-23-2016 08:08 AM)Dantes Wrote:  

Thanks for the honest report. When you refer to locals, do you mean the island girls or Greeks in general who are on vacation ?

The only Greeks I met were locals working 14 hour days in tourism positions (cafe, hotel, bouncer, bartender, etc) I did not meet any Greeks on vacation in Ios. I meant locals as in year-round ethnic Greek population.

As for the negative Australian comments in my report, It's the general collective I was exposed to and my post is just recalling my inner monologue reaction to being a witness. I know there's a lot of great Aussies out there and you can generalize the same way with many nationalities, Americans included.

Ios, Greece Report - MrRoundtree - 03-25-2016

I may have to agree with you..usually its pretty easy to go solo for me but after a nice stay at Rhodos with scandinavians party girls I was jist exhausted heading to Ios and i found people a bit less fun and open to soloers there.

Ios, Greece Report - Distant Light - 03-25-2016

Sounds like someone is in that old "grumpy" mindset...

It's a party island let loose and have fun FUCK YOUR AGE and elitist maturity [Image: wink.gif] (Just jokes!!!)

Seriously though as much as this isn't my ideal setting I know 100% I will have a blast because I can take it there if I want too. You never LOSE that fun social upbeeat vibe ESPECIALLY in a "lets get trashed" environment.

The biggest thing is to not be judgmental, as long as people are having fun enjoying themselves in a positive manner then BE OPEN. Most you guys would actually be inspired and motivated if they seen an older guy crushing it because like most YOLO crowds they think "damn even if I am 30 there is still a chance to crush it"...

Thats kind of how i feel seeing this one 50 year old promoter who has his 30 year old model gf and still brings out a young hot crowd...

Being late 20s myself I see the young college kids always have that "this guy is legend" vibe just because I am older and can take it there.

Age doesn't mean anything other than you GENERALLY have more experience, knowledge and wisdom. However, most come with a set of dogmatic beliefs that blinds them and reduces their personal power.

I say all this as a guy who loves partying. I can be 60 and still will be open to the madness. I am not going to be one of those immobile oldies who is forgetton by the everyday ciziten. I will workout and maintain physical health as I know HOW I AM can still enable me to handle such environments and in a much better manner too due to years of experiences.

There is a reason so few oldies are with chicks half their age. Everyone screams money when many times its just a cool dude who just happen to be more financially stable due to 20, 30 or even 40 years of money management.

Ios, Greece Report - hedonist - 03-25-2016

Quote: (03-24-2016 11:16 PM)griften Wrote:  

Thanks for the feedback, I read it all.

Quote: (03-23-2016 08:08 AM)Dantes Wrote:  

The only Greeks I met were locals working 14 hour days in tourism positions (cafe, hotel, bouncer, bartender, etc) I did not meet any Greeks on vacation in Ios. I meant locals as in year-round ethnic Greek population.

As for the negative Australian comments in my report, It's the general collective I was exposed to and my post is just recalling my inner monologue reaction to being a witness. I know there's a lot of great Aussies out there and you can generalize the same way with many nationalities, Americans included.

I'm from Australia myself and a decade or more ago I found the average Australian to be some of the better travellers.

More recently when the industry boom was on (bust now) it lead a new breed of cashed up bogans (rednecks) who normally wouldn't leave out into the world.

A lot are sort of brought up on this really radical left wing radio station called triple J as well ...it dumbs down that crowd even more.
Its also creates very little individualism, hence the same haircuts/styles etc.

So that crowd is out there and its not pretty.

I do think it is a change in generations as well more so western countries.
You can see the difference even in Hostels when people used to talk but now a big percentage are glued to their smart phones/laptops etc.

People also put over importance in being huge etc.
That guy in corfu was a stick figure and my buddy in Ios (even though a bronzed surfer) had a decent beer gut. I've seen him destroy the steroid crowd in spring break ...hell even I was [Image: biggrin.gif]

They both did have very good social proof with the work that they did being the key thing.

Ios, Greece Report - hedonist - 03-25-2016

Quote: (03-24-2016 05:15 PM)Hafran Wrote:  

At 4:30 in this video, the girl from the other sailing videos (sailing thread) appears...
I remember the guy mentioned finding her while she was partying in a Greek island. I would guess she was in population #2, looking to get out.

Good spot!

Quote: (03-25-2016 01:04 PM)Distant Light Wrote:  

Sounds like someone is in that old "grumpy" mindset...

It's a party island let loose and have fun FUCK YOUR AGE and elitist maturity [Image: wink.gif] (Just jokes!!!)

Seriously though as much as this isn't my ideal setting I know 100% I will have a blast because I can take it there if I want too. You never LOSE that fun social upbeeat vibe ESPECIALLY in a "lets get trashed" environment.

The biggest thing is to not be judgmental, as long as people are having fun enjoying themselves in a positive manner then BE OPEN. Most you guys would actually be inspired and motivated if they seen an older guy crushing it because like most YOLO crowds they think "damn even if I am 30 there is still a chance to crush it"...

Thats kind of how i feel seeing this one 50 year old promoter who has his 30 year old model gf and still brings out a young hot crowd...

Being late 20s myself I see the young college kids always have that "this guy is legend" vibe just because I am older and can take it there.

Age doesn't mean anything other than you GENERALLY have more experience, knowledge and wisdom. However, most come with a set of dogmatic beliefs that blinds them and reduces their personal power.

I say all this as a guy who loves partying. I can be 60 and still will be open to the madness. I am not going to be one of those immobile oldies who is forgetton by the everyday ciziten. I will workout and maintain physical health as I know HOW I AM can still enable me to handle such environments and in a much better manner too due to years of experiences.

There is a reason so few oldies are with chicks half their age. Everyone screams money when many times its just a cool dude who just happen to be more financially stable due to 20, 30 or even 40 years of money management.

Well unless you are a green tea/dark chocolate PUA type, hangovers certainly change with age....& personally I think being sober in a place like that is pretty fucking weird

Even my buddy who has worked there for 10 years now was saying in his late 20's he was feeling old there.

Go there when you are mid/late 30's and see how you feel lol....
Who knows maybe as you age you might not even be interested?

Ios, Greece Report - wilberforceeggmont - 03-26-2016

I reckon if you look around 30 and are in shape, you can still score plenty of pussy on the islands. If you're starting to look around 35, it probably becomes a whole other matter. I have no doubt guys in their late 30s or older with bellies have banged on party islands, and still do to this day, but it's the rule you should consider, not the exception.

If there's any point to this thread, it's that clever men play to their strengths. Party islands will always attract more than their fair share of fist pumping Alphas with supreme confidence who want everyone to know they're there. If you're not one of them, and as Adrenaline professes you carry well above average looks, you're wasting your time at these places.

I would strongly recommend you concentrate on day game in your own city. Serious high-level notching comes from day game. Pure and simple. And the reward for effort ratio is highest from day game because good looking women are blown away from the confidence of the day time, out-of-the-blue approach. All of the 8s walking around the world during the day minding their own business and getting on with life will very well reward stone cold approaches from very good looking men. Most blokes shit themselves with the thought of approaching a solid 8 outside of their social circle and in the absence of a few bevs to act as a lubricant, so these women hardly get approached during the day. Why throw yourself in to the testosterone-fuelled frenzy of a party island - if you're primarily there to notch - when you could be significantly skewing odds in your favour by doing what others don't and removing yourself from an environment within which you struggle to compete?!

Being an above average looking 30 yr old, if that's who you are, and notching a high 7 or 8 from simple day game technique destroys being 21 and smashing ten 6s on a party island. I say "6s" because guys think or say they're smashing 7s on the party islands, but they're not. They're mainly 6s. There is a significant amount of trash on the islands because girls cant control their weight as much as they used to. When I was 18 there were heaps of 5'5" / 5'6" women (of average height) who weighed 55-60kg. Chicks of that height these days weigh 10kg heavier than that on average, and on these islands were skimpy clothing is common, it really shows!

On a final note, I would say that looking around 30 is the best age to appear, for day game. A 30 year old can successfully game women from their early 20s up to their late 30s, so the playing field is wide open.