rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Politics & War Lounge

Politics & War Lounge

So there's been something I've wanted to ask. Have any of you read any books or articles from leftists or have listened to them speak? We don't agree with them at all, but I don't think we should dismiss what they have to say because learning about their methods is quite interesting and where they come from.

Here in Buffalo, NY, we have an "alternative" newspaper called ArtVoice. It's center and far left but they tend to come down on the Democrats a lot for particpating in crony capitalism and urban gentrification. Conservatives and Republicans, they label them as a bunch of Fox News watchers and don't see any purpose in changing the GOP. It's always wanting to beg the Democrats to change, but Republicans no because they have a secret hard-on for the party's destruction. I see it on some political forums too that I used to frequent.

I also saw Michael Eric Dyson, a professor from Georgetown speak in college. It was around May 2008 during the heated Democratic primaries between Hillary and Obama. Sure, he talks about the bigotry Hilary gave out towards Obama and how the Democrats constantly take black voters for granted. Someone gave him a question on why not vote Republican? He pretty much said bluntly there is no legal reason. He is one of the loudest voices in the black community and a committed Democrat, but do paristans like him realize that this is why Republicans don't bother to reach out to black voters or why they don't show up?

These are just my observations when I see leftists speak.

Messages In This Thread