Roosh V Forum
Politics & War Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Politics (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: Politics & War Lounge (/thread-54551.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Politics & War Lounge - SamuelBRoberts - 03-19-2016

Got something to say that's political or war related, but isn't about migrants or Donald Trump, and isn't important enough to warrant its own post?
Say it here!

I'll start us off:
Here's something that's been bothering me for a long time: The GOP's weird Reagan fetishism. I've been to Churchs that don't venerate Jesus as much as your average GOP pundit, who's usually so young he never voted for Reagan in an election, treats Reagan. It's insane. His every word is holy writ to these people.

"Reagan said that hispanics are natural Republicans, they just don't know it yet!"
Well, Reagan was wrong. The dude kicked the bucket during the Clinton administration. If Hispanics haven't figured out that they're supposed to be Republicans by now, they're not going to figure it out ever.

"Reagan said that you should never attack a fellow Republican!" They even call this one "The 11th Commandment", as if the man is a God whose dictates must be obeyed no matter what. Who cares what he said? When he said it, the Republican elite wasn't actively trying to sell out its own voters.

It's Reagan this, Reagan that, all the damn time. You can't get through a Republican debate without hearing his name at least twenty times. We need policies more like Reagan's. We need to give speeches more like Reagan did. It just doesn't stop.

I get that people like the guy. He had a lot of accomplishments. But he was just a guy, not a living God.

Feel free to use this thread to post anything that's on your mind related to politics or war, that isn't covered in any of the other threads already.

Politics & War Lounge - Patriarch - 03-19-2016

I agree with you. I don't get the Reagan worship. Democrats don't have a patron saint, why do Republicans? Not to mention there are certainly other highly accomplished GOP presidents that warrant equal or greater praise than Reagan--Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower?

I guess not many people here play video games, but when I see Republicans pitching a tent for Reagan I always think of Columbia in Bioshock Infinite, where the founding fathers and the American ethos has been converted into a religious cult.

[Image: IcvVsbvZFQcYq.jpeg]

This is just me typing something I haven't fully thought through before I go to bed,
but I've wondered in the past if it's not because Republicans don't really have anything else tying them together.
Leftists basically all want the same thing: more money, and bashing white males. So they're able to act in unison.

Republicans have a lot more tension between the various factions of the party. The elites want immigration. The base hates it. The Christians hate gay marriage. The pro-business faction doesn't care.

So Reagan might serve as a unifying figure. Everyone can like him, and everyone can rally around him. Because he's dead, and because nobody remembers any of his policy specifics, he serves as a figure that everyone can agree on. As a pundit, or a candidate, I can appeal to Reagan without worrying that I'm going to piss anyone off.

Politics & War Lounge - bigrich - 03-19-2016

The SJW pop singer behind the narcissist theme song "Selfie Orgasm" is trying to run for office in Vietnam. The pink haired singer is running on a platform of gay rights and feminism.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-securi...-congress/

Politics & War Lounge - BIG BOSS - 03-19-2016

GOP loves jerking off to Reagan alright. Hard to blame them though. Dude had insane amounts of charisma especially compared to his predecessors. Ever since then the DNC have tried to manufacture their presidents charismatic but to no convincing avail. Reagan was very bipartisan in likeability. Obama and Clinton are not.

What always troubled me is how foolish Christian voters are. GOP has christians eating out of the palm of their hands equivalent to the DNC and minorities of all stripes and colors.

I looked up Mai Khoi, the "Selfie Orgasm" pop singer.

[Image: mai-khoi-4218-1386299072.jpg]

I think this is her. It's hard to find anything on her because I don't speak Vietnamese.

WBTMGA.
Would bang, then make Great Again.

Politics & War Lounge - RaccoonFace - 03-19-2016

[Image: qvfCxIe.png]

Politics & War Lounge - debeguiled - 03-19-2016

Quote: (03-19-2016 02:08 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

I'll start us off:
Here's something that's been bothering me for a long time: The GOP's weird Reagan fetishism. I've been to Churchs that don't venerate Jesus as much as your average GOP pundit, who's usually so young he never voted for Reagan in an election, treats Reagan. It's insane. His every word is holy writ to these people.

Today is messed up everywhere you look. It is only natural to cast your eyes back to the past to find ideals to believe in.

If it gives young people hope to attach positive ideals to figures of the past, then it is all for the best, I guess.

Still, Reagan though. I share your discomfort with that. (Nancy too. She was, as the tv reporter of the time, Sam Donaldson called her, a "black mamba.")

It not only makes me feel old, but misunderstood. I mean, just as Boomers paved the way for Millennials, so did Reagan pave the way for the absolute triumph of emotional appeals to our baser natures. He was the guy on that score.

I was around as he debased and assaulted meaning with a twinkle in his eye and a golly gosh on his lips.

I remember I was in a pub in Ireland in 1984 watching the Mondale/Reagan debates for president with a bunch of Irish people, and any time Reagan said anything, all the Irish people would laugh uproariously, and turn their heads to me in mock surprise, as if they were waiting for some sort of an explanation.

"That's your man, is it?" they would say. He just swatted away substance with a folksy vibe. It was like he was considered a clown, a buffoon.

Later in the same trip I saw an article in a newspaper about a proposal put forth in the Irish Dail (legislature) by a member from the county where Reagan's ancestors were from. Something about honoring Reagan as a true Irishman. I still remember the last line of the news story to this day:

"The house dissolved in laughter."

And yet now, here he is, the grand old man of the republic. I remember when the Reagan Library opened and it was considered an oxymoronic joke that wrote itself.

And here he is, the venerated figure. And soon anyone who was around back then will be dead, and that is who he will become, the distinguished hero of the past.

And here I am, seeing history in the making, and it is reminding me of a saying about watching someone making sausage.

Politics & War Lounge - Samseau - 03-19-2016

People who bash Reagan are fags. He was precursor to Trump, and stood up an insanely corrupt Talmud-run media of his day and cleaned out the trash of the Republican party. They hated him, tried to kill him, and after he was shot he was never the same again. He lost his sharpness and vigor, but he was able to pull the USA together because he had lots of competent advisors under him including the best FED chairman we've had in over 40 years.

If he hadn't been shot, like Lincoln, history would be much different than it is from today. I guarantee you he would have pushed through many other reforms including securing the border, but he just didn't have the same energy that allowed him to campaign like a madman in 1980.

Politics & War Lounge - debeguiled - 03-19-2016

Quote: (03-19-2016 05:50 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

People who bash Reagan are fags.

[Image: Sad_Kitten_Is_Sad.jpg~c200]

Politics & War Lounge - Samseau - 03-19-2016

Quote: (03-19-2016 06:02 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (03-19-2016 05:50 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

People who bash Reagan are fags.

[Image: Sad_Kitten_Is_Sad.jpg~c200]

How can people hate on a guy who isn't sharp or witty after taking a bullet to his chest? It's so shameless and classless, it's utterly revolting.

I don't think anyone here is really bashing Reagan. He was a good president. Bringing the cold war to a peaceful conclusion was, when you consider the stakes, possibly the greatest geopolitical feat in history. The entire world owes him a debt.

But he was a man, not a God. He signed the nation's first no-fault divorce law, so he bears some responsibility for the epidemic of fatherlessness we have in our country. His support for amnesty caused many of the problems we're having today with illegal immigrants.

My problem isn't really with Reagan, though. I like Reagan. It's with modern pundits and candidates who treat the man as a shibboleth, a way to prove what a good conservative you are. Just listen to how many times his name gets brought up in a debate. Or articles like this one, where the columnist writes 2000 words on how we need to model ourselves more after a guy who left office before Kris Kross and Vanilla Ice hit it big.

It's fine to like Reagan. It's fine to admire Reagan. But he's gone, and he's not coming back. We need new leaders and new role models.

Politics & War Lounge - BIG BOSS - 03-20-2016

Agreed with Samseau on Reagan being Trump's spiritual predecessor. GOP actually did hate Reagan back in the day. Same as with Trump now. Now they suck Reagans toes all while bashing Trump who is Reagan in real estate clothing. I just read an article from New York Times (not credible I know) suggesting the GOP will run a third party "conservative" candidate if Trump wins the nom. If the 9th circle of hell is reserved for the treacherous than there must be a 10th circle reserved for pussydom. Fuck the cowardly GOP. I hope Trump erases them even if they fall in line.

Politics & War Lounge - RaccoonFace - 03-20-2016

I read the following in a Reddit thread:

Quote:Quote:

80% of Soviet males born in 1923 didn’t survive WWII.

Politics & War Lounge - Patriarch - 03-20-2016

Samseau nobody is bashing Reagan.

Also, guys I asked my girlfriend if she knows Mai Khoi. All she did was laugh and say "not very popular."

Politics & War Lounge - Samseau - 03-20-2016

Quote: (03-20-2016 09:34 AM)Patriarch Wrote:  

Samseau nobody is bashing Reagan.

Not saying anyone in this thread was, but it was in reference to debeguiled's story.

Politics & War Lounge - Samseau - 03-21-2016

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...7A.twitter

Islamic State atrocities against Christians called ‘genocide,’ House unanimously declares; Kerry rejects

The House of Representatives on Monday overwhelmingly approved a resolution declaring as “genocide” atrocities committed by the Islamic State against Christians and other religious and ethnic minorities in the Middle East.

HR 75 passed without a single dissenting vote, 393-0, sending a strong signal to Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who has been deliberating for months whether to declare genocide. The House speaker said he wasn’t optimistic about it.

“It is my sincere hope that this trans-partisan resolution will further compel the State Department to join the building international consensus in calling the horrific ISIS violence against Christians, Yazidis and others by its proper name: genocide,” said Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, the Nebraska Republican who sponsored the resolution.

The State Department has until Thursday under a congressional deadline to decide whether to classify the mass killings, kidnappings, rapes and destruction of religious property by the terrorist group as genocide. The deadline was imposed by a little-noted provision in the omnibus spending bill passed late last year.

In a statement Monday, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, Wisconsin Republican, noted reports that the Obama administration says legal reviews are ongoing and the Thursday deadline likely won’t be met.

“As the administration waffles on this issue and doubles down on its failed strategy to defeat [the Islamic State], the American people are speaking loudly and clearly on this issue,” Mr. Ryan said.

Doug Napier, senior counsel and executive director of the Alliance Defending Freedom International, said official recognition of genocide would trigger laws in United Nations to investigate and prosecute offenders, as well as oblige the U.S. to take measures to end the violence.

He said it is irresponsible that the genocide has not already been declared in the face of overwhelming evidence that Christians and other minorities are being specifically persecuted.

“Religious and ethnic minority groups in the Middle East are deliberately targeted by ISIS for destruction,” Mr. Napier said. “The number of Christians has dropped from 2 million to under 1 million in Syria, and from 1.4 million to under 260,000 in Iraq in just a few years. The atrocities include assassinations of church leaders, torture, mass murders, kidnapping, sexual enslavement and systematic rape of Christian and Yazidi girls and women, destruction of churches, monasteries and cemeteries.”

A wide range of prominent international figures, including Pope Francis and former secretary of state and Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, have argued that the situation amounts to genocide.

But Mr. Kerry — who holds the final say on the matter — has been reluctant to take such a step, even though he acknowledged in August 2014 that the violence has all the “hallmarks of genocide.”

The words came in the wake of two summer events that year — the Islamic State’s surprise capture of the Iraqi city of Mosul, which resulted in the rapid expulsion of some 60,000 Christians, and the surrounding of tens of thousands of Yazidis on nearby Mount Sinjar.

U.S. administrations have long been reluctant to adopt the genocide tag, which brings with it formal obligations under international law including, among other things, imposing a right and even sometimes a duty for foreign states to engage in military intervention to stop genocides.

In addition, the “genocide” label can make a negotiated settlement to an international crisis harder to achieve because of the threat of war crimes trials. Genocide is a crime that prosecutors in any country in the world can charge, regardless of where it occurs. But the political parties who would have to negotiate any such settlements include at least potentially the very leaders who would be tried.

“My understanding is that the use of that specific term has legal ramifications,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said last month.

The anti-Christian Obama administration we have continues to fuel my anger and disgust.

Politics & War Lounge - Surreyman - 03-21-2016

@Samseau Pathetic to see the Democrats nitpicking over what is and what isn't a genocide.

This kind of indecisive talking must make Trump look stronger to the public.

Politics & War Lounge - Space Cowboy - 03-21-2016

The administration probably won't sign-on to the bill because Obama is more concerned about being a popular figure in a country like Egypt or Lebanon than being a popular figure among Christians in his own country.

Politics & War Lounge - Libertas - 03-21-2016

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinto...rs.twitter

Google appears to be involved in attempts to overthrow Assad, connecting back to the sea hag.

Politics & War Lounge - Handsome Creepy Eel - 03-21-2016

That feeling when you discover a slut you banged and didn't call after sex many years ago now has a blog full of anti-Trump memes:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Politics & War Lounge - Space Cowboy - 03-21-2016

Quote: (03-20-2016 07:16 AM)RaccoonFace Wrote:  

Just another advantage of being a member of the white cis-male patriarchy...

(half of that 80% were dead from famine and conflict before 1941 but still)

Politics & War Lounge - SamuelBRoberts - 03-21-2016

That feeling when you discover a slut you banged and didn't call after sex many years ago now has a blog full of anti-Trump memes:

Aren't you located in Croatia man?
Are even the Croations freaking out over Trump like that?

Politics & War Lounge - LeeEnfield303 - 03-21-2016

Quote: (03-21-2016 11:02 AM)Space Cowboy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2016 07:16 AM)RaccoonFace Wrote:  

Just another advantage of being a member of the white cis-male patriarchy...

(half of that 80% were dead from famine and conflict before 1941 but still)

Sounds like some folks need to read some Conquest and Figes.

Politics & War Lounge - Handsome Creepy Eel - 03-22-2016

Quote: (03-21-2016 11:12 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Aren't you located in Croatia man?
Are even the Croations freaking out over Trump like that?

She wasn't Croatian, but most Croatians are brainwashed by our globalist media and hate Trump because he's "racist". Only a minority that has learned to not trust the media is for him.