rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Extending Your Colombian Tourist Visa at DAS: A Walkthrough

Extending Your Colombian Tourist Visa at DAS: A Walkthrough

Mixx,

I meet a group of 8 teachers in Cartagena teaching in Bogota and 6 of them were working without a workvisa. It is pretty common knowledge / info for anyone that knows about teaching English in Colombia. If you go to DavesESLCafe Colombia forum you will find it VERY common for ppl working w/o a work visa. Work visas are not easy to obtain in Colombia. Not sure if you read my Teaching ESL in Colombia thread but a few posters that are teaching or have taught in Colombia talk alittle bit about the work visa situation. You dont have to take my word for it, with alil research anyone cant find the reality of teaching in Colombia with and without a work visa. [Image: wink.gif]

Not trying to derail this thread but people work / stay in Colombia for longer than the 180 days. Sorry but I thought that was relevant to the topic as many of the people extending their tourist visa in Colombia are working / teaching in Colombia and have to deal with DAS and make visa runs ect.

Obviously anyone going to teach in Colombia goal is to get a work visa but that is certainly no guarantee and there is a high chance you wont get one your first year. In the case that one is not able to obtain they will need to know the guidelines to how to work around the system.

Messages In This Thread