rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seeking LTR Navigational Advice

Seeking LTR Navigational Advice

Wow LTR truth bombs being dropped here.

You know what's funny, I skipped over this thread because I'm not in an LTR, not seeking LTR advice, and because "Seeking LTR Navigational Advice" sounded like a beta newbie wondering if he should ditch his girlfriend [Image: biggrin.gif]

This is THE "Should I break up with her?" thread, there is so much knowledge shared, and WIA hasn't even gotten on the podium. Having gone through a simliar fork last year, I'll add what hasn't been covered.

I was on the fence for MONTHS, but what swung me over was actually a Beyond Borders quote. I can't remember where it is, and +1 for anyone who can find it, but he was talking about a similar situation and said: "If you stay with her, you'll think about all of the other pussy you could be chasing instead. If you leave her, you'll think about how the relationship would have gone. That's part of being a man." After reading that I had a big mindblown.gif moment, and that quote stays with to this day. I still think about my ex. We had discussed marriage and all that jazz, and I wonder if we could've made it work. But, I recognize that this is part of being a man, and if I stayed with her, I would be thinking about chasing pussy instead.

If you're on the fence like kaotic and I were, take a trip with her, ideally somewhere with no cell phones. Mexico could be a fun, inexpensive opportunity. Get a beach house for a few days, plan some outdoors activities, get drunk, fuck in the sand. I spent a week abroad with my ex and all the up close exposure exposed and EXPLAINED all of our differences. When you're living together or married, you start to see these flaws better, and vacations can be a small sample of this. Like someone mentioned, her flaws that are just "little things you get over" have the potential to grow into big red marks on her report card. In the same sentiment, at this "fork in the road," alone time as a man will pull the curtains back on emotions.

Lastly, once you break up with her, it's over. Don't stay in touch, don't linger around, don't think about making her a FWB, and do not go back. She is out of your life, and the less you drag things out, the easier it'll be for her to move on and hopefully find a more suitable partner (or one of us to bang her lol).

Always remember The Only Rule For Ex's.

Messages In This Thread