rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Location Independents

RVF Location Independents

I've gotten a few more pm's so I thought by posting here I would give this thread a little bump for guys that are interested and answer some questions.

@Marty

Thanks for posting that video, it's one of the few monologues from a movie these days that I really connected with.

Onto to the goodies:

So I'll start with the question:

"I want to accept credit card payments but I'm not based in the US"

There are two basic methods for accepting credit card payments online;
1. Aggregated merchant account
2. Dedicated merchant account

1. The aggregated merchant account is an account that is offered for multiple sites/businesses i.e. PayPal. The benefits of these are low startup costs because they charge fees per transaction. Paypal is the biggest third party merchant platform and it's good for people just starting out since it's fairly easy and you won't be doing insane volume anyway.

2. Dedicated merchant accounts are accounts that are solely for your business. They take some time to start up and depending on the country can cost more to start and your credit may be scrutinized. Benefits are; you'll be able to negotiate rates and fees, you have a lot of control, and funds will be deposited directly into your account .

If you're not doing insane volume/revenue I'd stick to aggregated merchant services. PayPal and Amazon webpay are two that I like. Amazon has really low fees and PayPal is too widely used for me to not use.

To the person who pm'd me (I won't mention your name since I don't know if you want to remain anonymous) check out Payoneer you get a virtual US bank account which should help with your problem.

I was going to answer a few more questions here but I'm on my mobile and a girls coming over soon so I will update again as soon as I have a chance.

Messages In This Thread