rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Location Independents

RVF Location Independents

First off, let me premise this thread with an apology if something similar already exists. I thought it would be great if the location independent RVF members could post what they do to live an international playboy lifestyle.

This is not a thread asking you to expose trade secrets but more of a motivational, reference guide, where others can learn and receive information about specific avenues of income.

I'll kick it off:

Source of income

I have an wholesale e-commerce business where I have a mailing list of clients that I supply.

Time spent

I have been doing e-commerce for a long time but it became my main source of income 2 years ago.

Income (optional)

I'm currently grossing around 5 figures a month USD.

How I started

Like I previously stated, I've dabbled in e-commerce for a long time. I started on eBay and throughout the years have tried Amazon, Etsy and other platforms. After discovering a niche market I started focusing more energy towards improving my sales volume. It eventually led to me developing clients that wished to work with me directly. At first I had one client but I soon realized that it was easier and more profitable to work directly with clients. I turned my focus towards obtaining more clients and though it took some time, I was able to develop a list big enough to not only sustain my business but actually allow it to grow.

Industry specific advice

-Provide the best customer service you can and push for referrals.

-Don't be afraid to lose a bit of profit in the beginning, if you feel the client has legitimate long term potential.

-Develop a brand and push hard to have a positive image.

-Attention to detail. You have no idea how many clients I poached through superior communication, meticulous packaging, a handwritten note during holidays, and a multitude of minute details that at first glance seem insignificant.

-Stay in the loop. Don't fall behind the trends and current info of your industry. Nobody wants to work with someone that's behind the times. This can be accomplished through researching blogs, YouTube, participating in forums and so on.

Future

As of right now I'm working on an ebook, planning on doing seminars, and have 2 clients whom I provide consulting services to. I am a firm believer of diversifying because all things eventually come to an end and I feel this is the best way to protect myself from eventually becoming irrelevant.

Hope this thread is useful/motivating to someone. I don't know how fast I can reply to PMs but I will try to keep my eye on this post.

Messages In This Thread