rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red pill guy shows weakness then get bit

Red pill guy shows weakness then get bit

First time post on here. Anywhere else in the sphere I go I get nasty women attacking me for what I'm about to vent.

But I've been a long follower of roosh's blog and the like. I know this community is more of sound mind.

This will be a vent but I need to get it out. Bare with me.

In my 20s I dabbled in relationships. Always weary of the concept of marriage I avoided it. Then in my 30s I just kept things simple. Short term relationships or flings. I got tired of that last year at 36 (now 37 yo). I met a girl that had got out of a divorce but claimed she was over it (2 years after but the proceedings were ugly and carried on throughout the year of our relationship). She fought for her marriage for years with a guy that was emotionally abusive, alcoholic, cheated on her with pros and others and eventually left her for a younger girl (she is a year older than me).

Figuring she would now want something healthy and not into games I figured she was a good partner. We had a lot in common. The attraction was there. In the beginning she was very open, which locked me in. Despite all the red flags (oh yeah she has abandonment issues after her parents divorce as a child - she knows her dad cheated on her mom) I dived head in - trusting she would always make me aware of where I stood with her transparency.

Somewhere along the line she stopped communicating. She kept leading me to think things were good. Took me to a family function last weekend. Then dumped me out of the blue when I got home with a phone call. Claimed she loved me but wasn't in love with me. I figure things got comfortable (healthy) and she didn't have the drama that she probably needs to feel anything. I'm not sure.

Normally I bounce back fine. But I swore of relationships and marriage and backed off on that because she led me to believe this was a relationship she wanted all the way through. I went with it. I don't believe in the concept of "love" how it is sold. You care for people and the ones you love but eventually that initial spark dies out and you have to work to keep things working. This was driven into me by my parents who have been married for 40 years and my dad is a therapist. They've always been very honest with me about the reality of relationships. Now I'm done with the idea of anything long term. I got fooled bad. I gave up all I used to be to try a relationship and I was proven that the old way of thinking is accurate.

Not sure what I'm trying to get from this. I guess just sharing. I have to crawl back from the abyss I put myself in. I'm embarrassed I considered the idea of a relationship with a girl with these red flags. What was I thinking?

Messages In This Thread