rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering!

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering!

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:36 AM)Horus Wrote:  

A few years ago, I went through a very low time in my life. I didn't tell anyone, but my boss noticed something was off. She called me in to have a talk, and the result of the talk was that she suggested I see a doctor. I took her advice, and after a 5 minute consultation with the doctor, I was prescribed antidepressants.

I took them for a few days. They had an immediate effect. I didn't feel happy, neither did I feel sad. I felt numb. They turned me into a zombie devoid of emotion. I stopped after 3 days.

It took about 3 months to pull myself out of what was happening in my brain, but I did it by myself. And I am stronger for whatever it is that I experienced. If I took the advice of the doctors, I am sure I would be a shadow of myself now.

I know that depression is a real ailment, and for the small number of people who suffer from this long-term, perhaps medication is a viable treatment. But I am worried that it is handed out so readily to people like myself who had such a short-term experience of it, and no previous history of it.

If any of you guys aren't feeling right, if you don't have experience of it, and especially if it's your first time, don't trust your doctor. Keep yourself busy, get some exercise, and it will get better and most likely not return.

Same with me but at school in listening to the councilor to go see a doctor. Not even 5mins in my doctor goes out of his office and tosses some starter/trail packs of SSRIs (anti-depressants) at me.

I got the same thing as you did. This "off" feeling of not being happy or sad, I felt light like a zombie, I don't remember dreaming during that stage much, my anger did not manifest in real life anymore but you started to get fucked up thoughts of how to deal with your anger. Next, my sex drive collapsed, and I could not get a wood to save my life. Fuck all that shit.

After 3-months I stopped taking them and did not re-up my first script.

That stuff is poison and they try hard to get young boys and teen boys to take that stuff long-term to essentially make them into passive zombies who end up being drooling betas or snap and go on violence spree.

Women are to quick to go for the meds because the meds remove them from reality. That numb feeling takes you way. Woman don't want to admit that modern life 2015 is a scam for them and the meds help them deal with it.

I have said before many times that only the female dairy cow is more medicated the the American female. After the Dairy cow the American female is the most heavily medicated mammal on earth. Far and beyond levels above men even though men suffer for far more health ailments n average then women do..

Messages In This Thread