Roosh V Forum
#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: #MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! (/thread-50794.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Cr33pin - 10-01-2015

Women are tweeting antidepressant selfies to fight mental health stigma

Among the many things we're not supposed to talk about in polite society — sex, money, periods, bowel movements — mental health ranks pretty high on that list. It's not OK to talk openly about having a mental illness, making it even less OK to admit that you're taking medication for it.

While celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence and Lena Dunham have tried to eliminate mental health stigma by talking openly about their experiences, that hasn't changed the fact that, for many men and women, it's simply not acceptable to discuss.

One woman is trying to do her part to change that. Earlier this month, Erin Jones, a mother of four from Nashville who has struggled with anxiety and depression for 14 years, posted a selfie proudly flaunting a prescription for an antidepressant on Facebook.

"Anxiety and antidepressant medication to the rescue," Jones, who blogs about being a mother on the autism spectrum at the website Mutha Lovin' Autism, wrote in the caption to her post. "Sometimes, folks, we just need help."

Admitting we need help: Jones was inspired to snap the selfie while en route to filling her prescriptions. "I thought I was strong enough to handle my anxiety and depression on my own until I had to dig deeper and admit that I needed help," she told The Mighty, a blog that focuses on the stories of people face disabilities and mental illness. "That required more strength than any day I battled it on my own. It's scary to admit we aren't all right, especially when everyone depends on us to be."

Clearly, that message resonated with others facing depression, who made the post go viral with over 1,000 likes on Facebook. So Jones teamed up with The Mighty to create the #MedicatedAndMighty hashtag, which encourages men and women to share selfies with their medication.

The photos are proof positive that having a mental illness doesn't deter from your ability to stay strong in the face of adversity.

Yes they pretty much all look like you would imagine
[Image: 2ni62jo.jpg]
[Image: CQLBdz1UwAEtwGK.jpg]
[Image: COZQet9WIAA5sfx.jpg]
[Image: CQKpXuiUkAA-rCq.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n10gh3uazZ1qj4315o1_500.gif]

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - General Stalin - 10-01-2015

Medication is great for women. It allows them to externalize their problems, point the finger on factors that are "out of their control," and have an excuse for having a terrible attitude and behavior. All of the women I know who are on behavior meds like to show it off. All the men I know who are on behavior meds are only taking it because a woman (usually their mother during childhood) told them to.

Women love being medicated.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Mekorig - 10-01-2015

Instead of looking profesional help to deal with their psicological problems this broads just take the chemical easy road and they even show it in Twitter. Something is very wrong with the mind health proffesion in the US.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Bad Hussar - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:15 AM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Instead of looking profesional help to deal with their psicological problems this broads just take the chemical easy road and they even show it in Twitter. Something is very wrong with the mind health proffesion in the US.

In the long run there is no easy road. I don't have the statistics to hand, but I believe the number of people cured by the current system of Pharma-Psychiatry is to all intents an purposes zero.

The long term effect of these drugs, including things like Prozac are horrible. I know one person who has been in the system for years. It's not pretty. The only people who should consider taking these drugs are those who face admission to a Psychiatric Hospital if they do not. i.e They should be use as a temporary measure in very extreme circumstances.

In the long run these fools tweeting this stuff will be worse off. They should rather focus on their physical and mental health through diet, exercise and mental tools like Cognitive Behavior Theory, rather than run to SSRI's because they're feeling a little blue. The fact that a doctor or psychiatrist has prescribed the pills does not mean that they need them. "The system" is essentially corrupt. The diagnostic criteria are so low, or so broad, that almost anyone could get a prescription for something like Prozac.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - TheWastelander - 10-01-2015

The girls in those photos needed patriarchy, not meds.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Bill Brasky - 10-01-2015

Note the hair color and piercings. Mental illness recognized.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Horus - 10-01-2015

A few years ago, I went through a very low time in my life. I didn't tell anyone, but my boss noticed something was off. She called me in to have a talk, and the result of the talk was that she suggested I see a doctor. I took her advice, and after a 5 minute consultation with the doctor, I was prescribed antidepressants.

I took them for a few days. They had an immediate effect. I didn't feel happy, neither did I feel sad. I felt numb. They turned me into a zombie devoid of emotion. I stopped after 3 days.

It took about 3 months to pull myself out of what was happening in my brain, but I did it by myself. And I am stronger for whatever it is that I experienced. If I took the advice of the doctors, I am sure I would be a shadow of myself now.

I know that depression is a real ailment, and for the small number of people who suffer from this long-term, perhaps medication is a viable treatment. But I am worried that it is handed out so readily to people like myself who had such a short-term experience of it, and no previous history of it.

If any of you guys aren't feeling right, if you don't have experience of it, and especially if it's your first time, don't trust your doctor. Keep yourself busy, get some exercise, and it will get better and most likely not return.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - TheWastelander - 10-01-2015

Only psychiatrists should be allowed to prescribe them to people. As it stands now, general practitioners can hand them out like candy if they want to. There is also some shady shit going on between the drug companies and doctors, probably to promote the usage of these drugs.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Dr. Howard - 10-01-2015

#medicatedandmighty....has anyone started trolling this hashtag by posting pictures of Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza etc and other infamous shooting rampagers that were also on brain meds.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Hannibal - 10-01-2015

#MedicatedAndMighty women have been brought to you today by Pfizer™

We will return to their inane selfie campaign after these messages.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - ColSpanker - 10-01-2015

I have a family member who is on a whole regiment of meds to treat psychological problems. It was the meds or an institution. We helped him see the logic in choosing the meds.
Until you have had to deal with someone in a full-blown maniac state, you will never know what it's like. The TV shows which try to portray it don't even come close. The average person trying to deal with someone walking around talking to the walls will start to loose their grip on sanity pretty quick. I speak from experience here.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - ColSpanker - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:40 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Only psychiatrists should be allowed to prescribe them to people. As it stands now, general practitioners can hand them out like candy if they want to. There is also some shady shit going on between the drug companies and doctors, probably to promote the usage of these drugs.

The difficulty of getting someone in to see a real psychiatrist is not easy. We had to put up with weeks of evaluation to make sure the family member was really having problems. Meanwhile, he was laying on the floor babbling away.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Mekorig - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:40 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Here in Argentina only psychiatrists (not psycologists, psychiatrists, as they need a medical degree) can prescribe this kind of medication (than i am ware of), and only for a brief time, as a supplement for therapy. Only the most severe cases gets continuous drug therapy.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - rpg - 10-01-2015

Some poor child is not getting to eat because all the money goes toward pills and hair color.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - GoldHawkStar - 10-01-2015

#SolveWomensIssuesWithTissues
#PillBecauseYourLifeAintAThrill
#ProzacCauseYouCantGetAManInTheSack
#LexaproCauseYoure30AndAlone
#UpperCauseYoureMadeOfFlubber
#DownerCauseYourNicknameIsFlounder

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - kosko - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:36 AM)Horus Wrote:  

A few years ago, I went through a very low time in my life. I didn't tell anyone, but my boss noticed something was off. She called me in to have a talk, and the result of the talk was that she suggested I see a doctor. I took her advice, and after a 5 minute consultation with the doctor, I was prescribed antidepressants.

I took them for a few days. They had an immediate effect. I didn't feel happy, neither did I feel sad. I felt numb. They turned me into a zombie devoid of emotion. I stopped after 3 days.

It took about 3 months to pull myself out of what was happening in my brain, but I did it by myself. And I am stronger for whatever it is that I experienced. If I took the advice of the doctors, I am sure I would be a shadow of myself now.

I know that depression is a real ailment, and for the small number of people who suffer from this long-term, perhaps medication is a viable treatment. But I am worried that it is handed out so readily to people like myself who had such a short-term experience of it, and no previous history of it.

If any of you guys aren't feeling right, if you don't have experience of it, and especially if it's your first time, don't trust your doctor. Keep yourself busy, get some exercise, and it will get better and most likely not return.

Same with me but at school in listening to the councilor to go see a doctor. Not even 5mins in my doctor goes out of his office and tosses some starter/trail packs of SSRIs (anti-depressants) at me.

I got the same thing as you did. This "off" feeling of not being happy or sad, I felt light like a zombie, I don't remember dreaming during that stage much, my anger did not manifest in real life anymore but you started to get fucked up thoughts of how to deal with your anger. Next, my sex drive collapsed, and I could not get a wood to save my life. Fuck all that shit.

After 3-months I stopped taking them and did not re-up my first script.

That stuff is poison and they try hard to get young boys and teen boys to take that stuff long-term to essentially make them into passive zombies who end up being drooling betas or snap and go on violence spree.

Women are to quick to go for the meds because the meds remove them from reality. That numb feeling takes you way. Woman don't want to admit that modern life 2015 is a scam for them and the meds help them deal with it.

I have said before many times that only the female dairy cow is more medicated the the American female. After the Dairy cow the American female is the most heavily medicated mammal on earth. Far and beyond levels above men even though men suffer for far more health ailments n average then women do..

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - DJ-Matt - 10-01-2015

Women attention-whoring again, what else is new?
[Image: cheerleader.gif][Image: attentionwhore.gif] [Image: cheerleader.gif][Image: attentionwhore.gif] [Image: cheerleader.gif][Image: attentionwhore.gif] [Image: cheerleader.gif][Image: attentionwhore.gif] [Image: cheerleader.gif][Image: attentionwhore.gif]

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - El Chinito loco - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 11:34 AM)kosko Wrote:  

I have said before many times that only the female dairy cow is more medicated the the American female. After the Dairy cow the American female is the most heavily medicated mammal on earth. Far and beyond levels above men even though men suffer for far more health ailments n average then women do..

Mental health is not given enough attention in the U.S. Women are overly doped on unnecessary meds to "control" moods which are perfectly natural. The problem is the culture and always will be the culture.

The men you see going apeshit are the ones who had underlying undiagnosed issues to begin with or are operating off society's skewed cultural norms.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - NY Digital - 10-01-2015

When I find myself in stressful situation where nothing seems to be going right, I go for a breath of fresh air and do 10-15 minutes of meditation; just clear my mind and focus on my breathing.

Men usually go through tough shit and realize that shit just happens, and you have to work on preventing bad shit from happening again. Self-control and awareness is key.

A majority of Women, despite all their support centers from family and friends, take the easy way out.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Gimlet - 10-01-2015

The selfie campaign mysteriously launched within days of reports that paxil is not only as effective as a placebo, but also is unsafe for teens, making them suicidal. The big pharma company cooked the results of tests to hide this. What a coincidence.

The BMJ abstract of study

The first of many news articles on the topic in a google search:

New Paxil Warnings for Teens Prompt Fury for Former Patients

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Phoenix - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:02 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

To be honest, in a twisted way I'm kind of am interested to know what this one takes. Must be some serious, custom shit.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - El Chinito loco - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 12:15 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:02 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

To be honest, in a twisted way I'm kind of am interested to know what this one takes. Must be some serious, custom shit.

I'm practically an expert at dealing with and identifying crazy girls and their meds. Here's a list: Depakote (suicidal tendencies after taking this), Lithium (a salt) which does weird shit too, Tegretol (for the true spazz), Risperdal (psychos and schizos), etc.. There's a few more but if you see any of these meds listed..ask questions in a polite manner and then plan your bailout move. I'm serious.

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Veloce - 10-01-2015

Someone should do a RoK article in response to this:

"10 strategies for having sex with mentally unstable women:
1. use a fake name
2. keep your social media private
3. keep a tazer on you
4. keep a dictation recording app running while on the date
5. save all your texts
etc etc"

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering! - Phoenix - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 12:23 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

but if you see any of these meds listed..ask questions in a polite manner and then plan your bailout move.

It's OK, I already do that as soon as I see tattoos, piercings, or fluoro hair coloring anyway.

Quote: (10-01-2015 01:15 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Quote: (10-01-2015 12:23 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

but if you see any of these meds listed..ask questions in a polite manner and then plan your bailout move.

It's OK, I already do that as soon as I see tattoos, piercings, or fluoro hair coloring anyway.

ALWAYS and I mean always.. snoop her medicine cabinet and bathroom meds.

1 headcase in particular wore respectable clothing, held down a good job, and was a very decent and respectable woman except for the fact that she was completely insane.