rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering!

#MedicatedAndMighty women celebrating mental illness...so empowering!

Quote: (10-01-2015 09:15 AM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Instead of looking profesional help to deal with their psicological problems this broads just take the chemical easy road and they even show it in Twitter. Something is very wrong with the mind health proffesion in the US.

In the long run there is no easy road. I don't have the statistics to hand, but I believe the number of people cured by the current system of Pharma-Psychiatry is to all intents an purposes zero.

The long term effect of these drugs, including things like Prozac are horrible. I know one person who has been in the system for years. It's not pretty. The only people who should consider taking these drugs are those who face admission to a Psychiatric Hospital if they do not. i.e They should be use as a temporary measure in very extreme circumstances.

In the long run these fools tweeting this stuff will be worse off. They should rather focus on their physical and mental health through diet, exercise and mental tools like Cognitive Behavior Theory, rather than run to SSRI's because they're feeling a little blue. The fact that a doctor or psychiatrist has prescribed the pills does not mean that they need them. "The system" is essentially corrupt. The diagnostic criteria are so low, or so broad, that almost anyone could get a prescription for something like Prozac.

Messages In This Thread