rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp

Quote: (10-01-2015 07:41 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (10-01-2015 06:44 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

The company, which is valued at $7.6 million

This company hasn't even done anything yet and it's already valued at $7.6 mio? I need to start getting into the IP business. Easy money.

I don't see how this doesn't violate defamation laws through libel. This is essentially a database where you can document potentially negative opinions on people that anyone could look up that could damage one's reputation and easily cause social and professional damage.

2/10 WNB

It's not illegal to share true information about someone, even if could be harmful to their reputation.

The company can plead ignorance if anyone uses their application to tell lies about other people. They'll be able to argue that doing so was never the intended use of their product.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread