Roosh V Forum
Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp (/thread-50792.html)

Pages: 1 2

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - eradicator - 10-01-2015

Here is the nutshell, "As two empathetic, female entrepreneurs in the tech space, we want to spread love and positivity,” Cordray said to the newspaper. “We want to operate with thoughtfulness.”"

I am a little surprised this isn't on the board yet, we have seen similar apps where women can rate their ex boyfriends, Lulu. But this is one where you can rate anyone.

Any woman will have hundreds of white knights giving her 5 star ratings. At least we will have the option to write a response, i.e. "I stopped returning her calls because she was a starfish in bed, therefore she is butt hurt"

http://fortune.com/2015/09/30/peeple-app-yelp-humans/

Quote:Quote:

It’s called Peeple.

Mad at your ex? Well, with a new app, you’ll soon be able to rate him or her for everyone to see. The app, called Peeple, is expected to launch in late November, according to the Washington Post.

The app allows users to assign a number of stars between one and five to a person, as long as your have his or her phone number. As the Post notes, once your name is in the system, you can’t be removed.

“People do so much research when they buy a car or make those kinds of decisions,” said Julia Cordray, a co-founder of Peeple, in an interview with the publication. “Why not do the same kind of research on other aspects of your life?”

The company, which is valued at $7.6 million, has positive reviews posted online instantly. Negative ratings, however, are placed in a queue to allow for disputes. Interestingly, if the person isn’t registered for the website, only the positive reviews are made public. There’s also supposed to be a slate of off-limits topics for ratings, including cursing, sexism and a discussion of health conditions.

“As two empathetic, female entrepreneurs in the tech space, we want to spread love and positivity,” Cordray said to the newspaper. “We want to operate with thoughtfulness.”

Unsurprisingly, people have given the app negative reviews online. Learn more about the app on its website.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Patriarch - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 06:44 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

Here is the nutshell, "As two empathetic, female entrepreneurs in the tech space, we want to spread love and positivity,” Cordray said to the newspaper. “We want to operate with thoughtfulness.”"

I am a little surprised this isn't on the board yet, we have seen similar apps where women can rate their ex boyfriends, Lulu. But this is one where you can rate anyone.

Any woman will have hundreds of white knights giving her 5 star ratings. At least we will have the option to write a response, i.e. "I stopped returning her calls because she was a starfish in bed, therefore she is butt hurt"

http://fortune.com/2015/09/30/peeple-app-yelp-humans/

It’s called Peeple.

Mad at your ex? Well, with a new app, you’ll soon be able to rate him or her for everyone to see. The app, called Peeple, is expected to launch in late November, according to the Washington Post.

The app allows users to assign a number of stars between one and five to a person, as long as your have his or her phone number. As the Post notes, once your name is in the system, you can’t be removed.

“People do so much research when they buy a car or make those kinds of decisions,” said Julia Cordray, a co-founder of Peeple, in an interview with the publication. “Why not do the same kind of research on other aspects of your life?”

The company, which is valued at $7.6 million, has positive reviews posted online instantly. Negative ratings, however, are placed in a queue to allow for disputes. Interestingly, if the person isn’t registered for the website, only the positive reviews are made public. There’s also supposed to be a slate of off-limits topics for ratings, including cursing, sexism and a discussion of health conditions.

“As two empathetic, female entrepreneurs in the tech space, we want to spread love and positivity,” Cordray said to the newspaper. “We want to operate with thoughtfulness.”

Unsurprisingly, people have given the app negative reviews online. Learn more about the app on its website.

What the fuck am I reading? Do I understand correctly that if I don't sign up for this app, no one will be able to see negative reviews of me? That's at least alright, I guess.

But does anyone else think it's absurd that you can't remove yourself from their database? I'm not Applebee's.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - eradicator - 10-01-2015

Edit, oh I see, if you don't register, only the positive reviews are shown that people make of you. That is a huge deterrent to making an account. I'll just never make an account, and then not have to worry about potential negative reviews.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - General Stalin - 10-01-2015

The company, which is valued at $7.6 million

This company hasn't even done anything yet and it's already valued at $7.6 mio? I need to start getting into the IP business. Easy money.

I don't see how this doesn't violate defamation laws through libel. This is essentially a database where you can document potentially negative opinions on people that anyone could look up that could damage one's reputation and easily cause social and professional damage.

2/10 WNB

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Mike5055 - 10-01-2015

If this thing gets off the ground, I'm just waiting for the first lawsuit.

Also, more proof that tech valuations are ridiculous.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - RawGod - 10-01-2015

Can't see any potential problems here...

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Biologist - 10-01-2015

This is going to a disaster in terms of defamation/libel lawsuits.

It's pretty dodgy that people can leave reviews of a person even if that person hasn't made an account. They should have made it that only people who have an account can be reviewed.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - TheSlayer - 10-01-2015

We all know this app is just going to be a a ton of women bitching about the men, society, and the patriarchy.

"He didn't call me back after sex."
"This guy was too creepy. Wouldn't stop calling me after we went out for an expensive dinner (which he of course paid for lulz)."
"My male manager is a cismale shit-lord who didn't give me a raise."

And then you will have the few white knights/betas leaving comments on the girls' profiles:

"I saw your comment about the creeps. We should go out and have some dinner [Image: smile.gif][Image: biggrin.gif]."
"I agree, male managers are often biased towards other men, we need more female participation in senior management roles."
"I am so sorry for my gender."

This is what the app is going to be in a nutshell and will possible get sued out of business in a few years if it even lasts that long.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - TheWastelander - 10-01-2015

This is the founder:

[Image: CQPBPooW8AANg4m.jpg:large]

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Oz. - 10-01-2015

So am I understanding this correctly with just my phone number I can be included in this database without my permission?

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Belgrano - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 08:07 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Can't see any potential problems here...

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

That´s just asking for a lawsuit.

“As two empathetic, female entrepreneurs in the tech space...

[Image: facepalm.png]

...we want to spread love and positivity.

Fools, are you really that short-sighted? Do they actually believe that?
If they were men, you could argue hell no, it´s just marketing. But with women you never know.

How is the introduction of a system allowing you to rate your fellow human beings on a fucking five star scale a desirable, good thing? What´s the difference between that and the files the Stasi kept on the citizens of the GDR? Once this gains traction and becomes popular, which is not impossible given the average consumer drone, your neighbours, colleagues, friends, enemies, acquaintances, all could easily denounce you. People would start self-censorship of their thoughts and opinions, like political correctness but ten times as severe.

After all, HR people all over the world would finally be able to easily search for your name and read your reviews, and who would want to risk his career like that? You move into a new apartment or house, your immediate neighbors will look you up. Other students in school, on campus, in your class won´t be able to resist either. Reading a person´s reviews before going on a date with them will be the new norm. You never called again, pumped and dumped, cheated on her, are a player? Next! People can´t see your negative reviews if you are not registered? Ridiculous, as if they wouldn´t find a code to hide their true opinion in a "positive" rating. Besides that, why are you not registered? Are you afraid of negative reviews? You wouldn´t have anything to hide, would you?

This app, if successful, would introduce de facto voluntary censorship and thought-policing through the backdoor.
Of course it was a woman´s idea, they love that shit, for them it´s all about gossip and backstabbing treachery, judging everyone and everything around them behind closed doors. They can´t see the big picture.
On the contrary, they would even enjoy the outcome, a society where everyone is nice to each other, nobody´s feelings are hurt, conflict of any kind is non-existent, love and harmony rule, with everyone being happy, happy, happy. What an Utopia!

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Thomas the Rhymer - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 07:41 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

This company hasn't even done anything yet and it's already valued at $7.6 mio? I need to start getting into the IP business. Easy money.

It's called a tech bubble...

[Image: 14xmo47.gif]

It's all good and well until da bubble pop...

[Image: 2d1sjsp.gif]

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Suits - 10-01-2015

I don't see how this doesn't violate defamation laws through libel. This is essentially a database where you can document potentially negative opinions on people that anyone could look up that could damage one's reputation and easily cause social and professional damage.

2/10 WNB

It's not illegal to share true information about someone, even if could be harmful to their reputation.

The company can plead ignorance if anyone uses their application to tell lies about other people. They'll be able to argue that doing so was never the intended use of their product.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Saweeep - 10-01-2015

This shit isn't gonna fly in Europe.

Even Google had to allow people to delete themselves from its searches as a result of EU law.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Handsome Creepy Eel - 10-01-2015

Sounds like a great way to increase suicide rates among betas and spinsters.

Right, I've heard of individuals getting sued for leaving scathing reviews on yelp, like calling a business owner a 'crook'. Yelp didn't get sued, the person leaving the review did.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Engineer - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 07:30 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

Edit, oh I see, if you don't register, only the positive reviews are shown that people make of you. That is a huge deterrent to making an account. I'll just never make an account, and then not have to worry about potential negative reviews.

The SJW hamster would see that you're not registered and hold that against you.

It means you're a rapist.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - General Stalin - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 10:29 AM)Suits Wrote:  

2/10 WNB

It's not illegal to share true information about someone, even if could be harmful to their reputation.

The company can plead ignorance if anyone uses their application to tell lies about other people. They'll be able to argue that doing so was never the intended use of their product.

But is is illegal to claim/publish false defamatory information which I predict many would do, and in the eyes of the United States Supreme Court, it is also illegal to claim/publish defamatory opinions as they cannot be proven true - the US Supreme Court does not recognize Opinion Privilege in cases of Defamation of Character.

EDIT: But you are correct in that the company itself may not be held liable for content that it's user-base creates.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Oz. - 10-01-2015

On the other hand we turn this into a game and see who gets the worse reputation on the forum [Image: lol.gif]

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Gustavus Adolphus - 10-01-2015

The positive-negative review is the way to kill this app.

"Kiersten was a great date. Her sarcasm never got old. She's independent and liberated sexually, like a real woman should be. She seems determined in life, and is committed to losing her freshman 15 from 5 years ago. She has a unique personality that requires a real man to handle her at her worst. Plenty of men have probably tried, but the huge void inside her takes a big man to fill. It didn't work out for us, but she could get a lot of dates so I'm sure she'll find the one someday! 4 stars"

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Aquiles_Baesta_Parada - 10-01-2015

[Image: CPr8B9bUEAA9Zsm.jpg]

“We want to operate with thoughtfulness.”

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Drazen - 10-01-2015

This could be a great way to review girls in the dating world:

1. Does their pussy stink?
2. How long does it take for them to put out
3. Rate their BJ skills

Send a few of these reviews to Gawker, they'll do an expose and this shit gets pulled.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - kaotic - 10-01-2015

I fucking cannot stand yelp, now these 2 cunts want to ruin peoples lives.

Are they retarded ? Have they heard of Reddit ? 4 Chan ? Yelp Raids ?

I mean for fucks sake the majority of the internet and reviews are a bunch of fucking assholes with nothing better to do with their negativity.

I hope this crashes and burns fast.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - Libertas - 10-01-2015

"Peeple."

Even the name gives it away.

Getting more and more like Ghost in the Shell every day.

Peeple app to debut in November: rate people like you would rate a business on yelp - El Chinito loco - 10-01-2015

The only positive stipulation means you can still easily fuck with people every which way regardless.

Tips to fuck with people:

Post as their fling and make various "positive" comments full of innuendo under their name. If they are married of in a relationship it brings stress.

Fake post as a job recruiter who just got through interviewing them. This is especially damaging if they don't plan to switch jobs anytime soon.

Post as a "model" talking about their "hot" interview process.

Talk about that crazy time in Thailand as a bro you met somewhere.

Talk about the product being shipped at the drop site being greenlit.

Mention the time as kids he kicked a puppy.

Mention their current workplace and position.

Nothing good can come out of this.