rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal psychologically with the constant lies?

How do you deal psychologically with the constant lies?

Quote: (10-04-2015 11:25 AM)evilbuttmunch Wrote:  

One lie that I've picked up is when you're on a date with a girl and you talk about meeting up again and she starts going through all of the plans that she has for the week. At first it sounds like she's telling you her schedule so that you can work around it, but in actuality she's just coming up with excuses not to see you because she can't just come out and say "I'm not feeling it." It's happened to me in the past 3 out of 5 girls. You just realize what's going on, and since you're not yet invested, you don't care. I've heard to never invest in a girl before you've had sex at least a few times, and I'm trying to live that way. On the last girl, I started investing on the next date after the first makeout session and it was a mistake.

I've stopped trying to discuss a second date at all on first dates unless she brings it up first. I just don't mention it anymore, because at best I don't think it accomplishes anything but put pressure on her like a car salesman "what have I got to get you into this car today?" in the hopes that she'll agree on the spot (but it won't really mean anything).

At worst, I think it makes one seem really thirsty, as I believe many young women these days realize that sex usually happens on the second or third date or never, and that you don't have much else going on and are pushing hard for the close.

By saying nothing about it, I think there are two main ways she can read that - either that you don't really care (which should be sort of true) or that you're so confident that she'll be seeing you again you don't even need to bring it up. Neither of those interpretations can hurt you.

The procedure I use now, which has been documented elsewhere, is to just act like a second date doesn't matter on the first one, and then send a text or email late the next day to judge interest if she doesn't contact you first (the latter has never happened to me as a matter of fact, even with the couple girls I had sex with on the second date) - don't say "oh I had a really great evening" directly, but some funny observation relevant to something you did on the date. If she replies and you're able to keep the conversation going, you're likely in for a second date fairly soon.

This is probably a discussion for another thread, however.

Messages In This Thread