rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

VP In China, Part II

VP In China, Part II

Quote: (09-15-2016 02:12 AM)Suban Shelvey Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2016 01:55 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2016 01:38 AM)Suban Shelvey Wrote:  

Has anyone had any luck consulting in China? Is this possible from a legal standpoint?

Yes, but if you're asking that question, you lack the China knowledge/experience to succeed.

From both a legal and practical standpoint, a consultancy is the easiest business to create a legal entity for.

However, even with that in mind, I doubt you'll be of much use to anyone until you've spent at least a couple years in China.

And, assuming that you are successful, you're not going to like living in China unless you're at least semi-fluent in Chinese, so if you're serious about a China based operation, be prepared to spend two years here learning the language and getting acclimatized.

China is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thanks.

I've got a few ideas but yeah as you say I'm very green at the moment. I've been learning the language for just over a year now and will be moving over shortly.

Cool mate.

The important thing about China is that you always need to be willing to learn something new. In fact, for me, the opportunity to learn so much on a regular basis is one of the reasons I enjoy living here.

Have you every heard someone refer to themselves as a USA expert?

Of course not. No one can be an expert on a country. They might be an expert on a certain country's history, a certain industry or something specific, but never an entire country.

Safe to say that no one in the world is a "China expert."

These means two things for you. First of all, you're on the right track. Moving here is really the first step. You have the right plan and the right attitude.

Secondly, there are unlimited niches to learn about and exploits, but only if you are willing to put the effort and time in.

Fortis is in Shenzhen studying the ins-and-outs of one industry. VP is in Hangzhou pursuing learning everything he can about a complete different niche.

I'm in Beijing and have already spent 4 years of my life learning about another industry and have narrowed my focus down to a specific niche that I'm currently designing and testing products for.

Which city will be moving to and how can I help?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread