rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

VP In China, Part II

VP In China, Part II

Quote: (09-07-2016 07:01 AM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

U are pulling in $25 000 a month online. What's your job again? I see the majority dudes in China are English teachers. Definitely not getting six figures right now.

It sounds like a lot until you factor in taxes. :<

If anyone is planning on going to China to teach, make sure to get in on private teaching. That's where the money is. The schools will just rape you. If you're good, you can make $5,000 or more monthly.

My last year in China, the last family I was working for had a 12,000 square foot house. 10+ security guards, 10+ nannies, a head nanny for the other nannies. Shipped all of their food from America and had it delivered to their house by semi. The mom drove a Bentley (which cost 2x as much as in the west by the way due to tariffs) with a custom paint job. No idea what they did for money but my instincts told me they were mei lao ban (coal mining).

(edit: their house also had a four-story crystal chandelier, a full swimming pool in the basement and a huge aquarium with small sharks. I can put up some pictures of this house if anyone is interested in seeing it, lol. Oh, also an elevator.)

If you're charismatic and good with kids, get into private teaching. Word will spread, I promise. You'll eventually start teaching for the richest families in the area and one of them will no doubt offer to let you live at their house, all expenses paid -- it's called "full immersion", they want their kid to have the best English possible for when they go to some Ivy League school or whatever.

If anyone is heading to Shenyang, I could try to dig up some old contacts.

Another edit: once you do go full time private teaching, make an agreement with a school. Tell them you'll work for free, 4 hours/month. In return, they help you with your work visa. You can't get a working visa unless you're with a school, and the last I heard, they're cracking down kinda hard on that. Ideally you want to work as little as possible with an actual school and work as many private classes as you can. The going rate was $30/hour for private classes, as of February 2015. If you're really good/charismatic you can earn $45/hour or possibly more.

Last edit: if you're really adventurous, and decide you like China, and wanna stay there for a year or two, consider going black once you go full time private. IE, just don't update your visa. That's what I did. Otherwise, you have to constantly fly to Hong Kong to renew your visa, which is a total pain in the ass and expensive. But they might have made the work visa process easier recently, someone can chime in if they have. The police gave me no hassle when I wanted to leave, they simply made me pay a 10,000 RMB fine and that was it.

Messages In This Thread