rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

VP In China, Part II

VP In China, Part II

Quote: (10-11-2015 07:13 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Wise words Rio! Totally agree with you man on the advantages of the private non hot tutor!
The group deal is one that doesn't appeal to me much specially considering it's only 1, 2 hours max per week on sunday afternoons in a class comprised of 8-10 people. So not much time to get personalized attention. Will be actively looking for a good private tutor this week in order to get started for good with Chinese.

In other news, I was approached last night by someone to do private football coaching for a small group of kids on the weekends, which could come to about 100$/hr! I'd have to go through the details of it and carefully think it through. While it's quite a juicy offer, I also want to have time for myself to work on my own biz. Plus looks like a couple of other guys I had in the pipelines are resurfacing after going AWOL for a couple of weeks.

Decision time ahead!

I just returned to China after getting shoulder surgery and I'm planning my schedule for tutoring on the weekends. Its a tough balancing act when people are throwing 300 yuan an hour/ 50 dollars an hour cash to sit with a teenager and shoot the shit. I almost always take on more than I should because greed wins.

One thing to remember: parents talk to each other constantly, especially women who want the status of their children being with a foreign teacher. I would take that job teaching football, just because you never know the opportunities that will come from all those parents talking about you to other parents.

Messages In This Thread