rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience with 5-HTP

My experience with 5-HTP

Quote: (10-29-2015 07:39 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I have been asking about this stuff in the supplement/vitamin thread. Perhaps this thread is best suited for 5-HTP talk.

I bought some Natrol 100 fast dissolve 5-HTP about 3 or 4 day ago and have been taking one tablet every mid morning on a empty stomach. I read on a few other websites doctors usually prescribe 200-300mg a day broken up into 2-3 servings a day.

How are you guys taking this stuff? Empty stomach? Before bed? Once a day?

I take 200mg one hour before bed and I make sure that I don't eat too much. In my experience the more empty my stomach is the faster it knocks me out to deep sleep (though I presume that melatonin is better for troubled sleepers) and I rarely have the urge to get up and pee if I haven't before sleep.

I don't know if I have any deficiencies but every time I take 5-htp it makes me feel sleepy so I avoid taking it during the day.

The best advice I can give you is to just experiment with low dosages at different times of the day and find what works for you. This shit will last you for months and even years if you buy 100 grams or more.

Messages In This Thread