rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience with 5-HTP

My experience with 5-HTP

Generally I would not recommend taking any single-nutrient high-dosage supplements without taking a high-dosage multi.
Also as a rule of thumb it is better to take it on a full stomach.

I for example know that zinc and some other nutrients make you sick, if you take it on empty stomach.

The reason is simply that the nutrients are being absorbed by the body quickly and to do that, then other nutrients are taken. They either bind with the consumed food which helps or other supplements are needed to balance it.

There are also antogonistic nutrients which rely on each other for absorption. D3 is related to vitamin K. Zinc to Magnesium and other nutrients. That's why the most important basic supplement is a high-dosage multi.

Also it's possible to take those supplements without eating. Whenever I do intermittent fasting, then I take just a 50% reduced multi, magnesium, Omega 3, lecithin, D3. I skip zinc and 50% of my multi, because I know that without food, then it won't do me good while the body tries to digest it.

But this is nothing new and frankly it's not a sign that something is bad with it all. Orthomolecular medicine is not new, there are hundreds of books and thousands of studies published that any side effects are hardly side effects, but just temporary digestion issues or minor reactions of overdosing. There are no known long-term damages unless you take supplements with aspartame and other toxins (90%+ of all supplements have a trojan horse embedded).

Be free to study the information - read books by Andrew Saul and others, then experiment with all you know. Just yesterday someone I know gave a friend of her some l-tryptophan and multi to help her with depression. Within days there was a marked improvement and that acquaintance has asked me to order her some supplements. Case Nr. 78 in my history - orthomolecular MDs meet many more of those people. (And most of those take 70% income cuts to change their practice in order to become orthomolecular - and despite that their numbers are growing around the world.)

Messages In This Thread