rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience with 5-HTP

My experience with 5-HTP

Quote: (09-23-2015 07:29 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I started taking 200 mg of 5htp before sleep instead of 100mg before I read this thread. I seem to feel better, though it could be placebo effect.

I also take good multivitamins every morning.

So, here is a quick update. About 3 weeks ago, I upped the dose of 5-HTP from 100 to 200mg per day. I buy 5-HTP made by NOW on Amazon. Each pill is 100mg, so I take 2 every night about an hour before bed, together with one pill (5mg) of melatonin, also made by NOW, which I use to normalize my sleep. In the morning, I also take Adam multivitamins for men (also sold on amazon and made by NOW). I didn't change the dosage of the multivitamins and melatonin, only 5-HTP.

The results so far have been impressive. Again, part of it could be placebo effect, but I'm pretty sure 5-HTP is working. My general mood has been much better than before which has also resulted in increased productivity and more productive thought process in general. Over the past 3 weeks, I've done a couple of major things I was putting off since last year. I generally feel much better about work and personal life. It's not that I was depressed all the time before, but I would often feel pretty shitty for no good reason or react negatively to something that irritated me but wasn't anything major.

Conclusion so far: I would definitely recommend trying 5-HTP to anybody who suffers from bad mood either occasionally or frequently. I don't know if it's good enough to treat clinical depression, but it seems to work well if you don't feel bad enough to go to a doctor but still want to try something to lift your mood.

Questions to those who have more experience with 5-HTP:

-Is it worth trying to take even more per day, perhaps 300mg?

-Is there a recommended limit to how long you can take this supplement or can you take it pretty much indefinitely? if you take it for a long time, does it stop working or cause any side effects?

Messages In This Thread