rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience with 5-HTP

My experience with 5-HTP

Quote: (09-28-2015 09:22 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

I recently had some blood tests done with my checkup at the doctors office.

My serotonin levels were very low, 25 percent lower than the lowest part of a big range. So I'm going to buy a kg go 5Htp and start an experiment. In a few months I'll tell you how it went.

Actually the whole lack of serotonin = depression is a medical lie perpetuated since decades. Even the original MD who initially raised the hypothesis later withdrew it because more evidence came in.

Serotonin levels decrease with age naturally. If low levels of serotonin were causing depression, then all people above 50 would have to be depressed. Of course that is not the case.

There is certainly some correlation between nutrition, vitamin D3 (sunlight) and depression, but it's not as clear cut at serotonin levels. THERE ARE NO TESTS WHICH CAN ATTEST YOU DEPRESSION - NONE WHATSOEVER!

Dr. Timothy Scott above wrote a book about that entire scam - well researched with a multitude of studies to back it all up:

[Image: america_fooled_small.jpg]

He did it after his career-end (so as not to lose everything when the backlash would come by the pharma lobby) and even donates 100% of all proceeds from the book (so as not to appear biased).

Even orthomolecular MDs who treat depression very effectively with multvitamin, niacin B3 (up to 3000mg / day) and l-tryptophan / 5-HTP - they don't know exactly why it works. They just know that those doses are harmless and they work.

But it's certainly not serotonin alone.

Messages In This Thread