rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience with 5-HTP

My experience with 5-HTP

So I noticed a few threads in the forum regarding nootropics but they have very short reviews, rumours and speculations. Few people actually go into detail so I decided to post a more detailed review of a particular nootropic for those who are interested or thinking seriously about buying it.

Firstly, I bought a digital scale from amazon.uk. It says jewellery scale but it measures mg really well. It's small and easy to carry with you when you travel around. I've been using it for almost a year and the batteries are still going.

[Image: 20150917_225133.jpg]

[Image: 20150917_225327.jpg]

Sorry for the image size. I didn't know how to resize the pics

On to the review:

5-HTP is a non prescription drug (at least in the UK) but that doesn't mean you should underestimate it. It's quite powerful as I found out the hard way. When I first got it in January 2015 I didn't read the label or any recommended dosages on the web and just put 130mg on the scale, washed it down with water (it's non soluble but it's tasteless) because I didn't really believe that it will have any serious effects on me. Well, later on that right in the middle of the bitter cold winter I woke up bathed in my own sweat from a very intense nightmare wondering what the hell happened.

The first side effect of 5-HTP is that you will have nightmares on the first few days that you take it, even at low doses of 50mg before sleep. I reccommend 50 mg before sleep for every beginner no matter how much you weigh. You are going to experience nightmares but not as intense as I had on my first night when I overdosed.

Secondly, I do not recommend taking it during waking hours or midday. I tried it and It gave me light headaches and made me feel sleepy. I used it 1-2 hours before bed time and it worked fine.

The benefits :

Once you get passed the first 5-7 nights of nightmares you will start dreaming very deep and happy dreams 100% of the time. I tried it during relaxing and stressful times in my life and whenever I took it I never had a nightmare. Yes it's that powerful.

The second benefit is that it raises serotonin levels but that takes a bit more time to feel the effects of it. I was on my 4th week of using it until I noticed that I felt genuinely happy upon waking and sometimes walking on the street with a smile on my face for no good reason.

For the introverts reading this: It's not going to cause to have a strong urge to high five and shake hands with random people on the streets or acquaintances at work. You are going to be the same chill dude but now with a bit more happiness while you are going about your daily business.

Rumours and random stuff on 5-HTP:

Is it going to eliminate depression ?

No, not by it self. It's should be used in conjunction with good habits and nutrition plan. It is a good first step to start but don't regard it as your exit to depression. I've had depression when I first laid my hands on it and overdosed in hopes of waking up the next morning feeling happy.

Can you use it for weight loss?

No it won't cause excess fat to fall off and won't reduce your appetite for food. At least it didn't do that for me.

Dosages:

(Only take a dose 1-2 hours before sleep)

First 2 weeks: 50 mg
3rd week: 100mg
4th week and onwards: 200mg

The longest I have been using it was 6 weeks straight and I didn't feel the need to take higher than 200mg doses so I can't tell you much about tolerance.

I hope this was a useful review and I wish you all good luck for your future endeavours. If it makes the journey a little bit easier it's worth it.

Messages In This Thread