rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Toxic shame handling

Toxic shame handling

My best and honest advice is to practice mindfulness meditation, and treat every word, even every word that enters your mind like a 'precious possession' not to be used lightly.

There's actually some psychology worth studying here which is a bit deep, but most negative feelings come from reasoning or repeating words in our minds, and gives us a false picture of reality; reason if overused actually blinds us, when we shut it off and keep the words in moderation, then shame and bad memories or fears decrease significantly, and we become more in touch with our intuitive sense of logic, and are able to act and react more naturally and instinctively without having to 'actively' think about it.

This i believe is one of the main problems people with Asperger's syndrome have with interaction and women; they over-use their rational thought to an extreme, and the result is it represses their innate instincts and sense of logic, and causes them to act and interact more like a robot, which usually comes across as akward and boring.

Reasoning is useful for problem solving (e.x. repairing a computer or a car), but it's actually less effective in social interactions than our natural instinct and intuitive logic; I believe reasoning primarily evolved simply for survivalistic skills (e.x. hunting or warfare in apes), rather than for friendly interactions.

Messages In This Thread