rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Surrogate Mother

Surrogate Mother

For a certain kind of man this is a good idea. A few countries will both allow single heterosexual men to have children via egg donation and surrogacy, and issue a birth certificate with only their name on it as parent.

For various reasons I've been giving the idea some thought. With one proviso which I'll mention in the next paragraph there is actually very little downside for a man who wants to have children. Single dads don't have the stigma single mothers have, so dating and relationships will not be so negatively affected. Other than by the fact that you'll have to juggle your time, of course.

The one proviso is that, of course, to make it work you would have to have both a lot of money and a functional and reasonably sized extended family network. Probably shouldn't do it unless you could set aside at least US$1 million per child. Medical expenses, costs of donor and surrogate (both above board and baksheesh) at least one nanny, maybe bigger house than your current house for kids, nannies and assorted family to stay medium term at various intervals.

The reasons for why this may seem attractive to some of us here are discussed on this board all the time. The state seems to have chosen sides in the natural "battle of the sexes" so men must consider more options to protect their own, and their children's rights against frivolous actions. And, yes, you could also get better genes by buying eggs than you would be able to get if you had to try to establish a long term relationship with a woman. Just like women looking to sperm donorship can get better sperm than exists in the testes of the best man she can attract for a long term relationship. The one possible spanner in the works is what happens if you subsequently marry a woman. But this will probably not be such a big deal. In any event, as long as you don't allow the woman to legally adopt the child her parental rights in the event of a breakdown will be substantially more limited than if she were the biological mother.

PS: Know of one couple who had a child via surrogate. Just because the law may say a surrogate may not be paid above a basic rate does not mean that you will get one to do it for said rate. In SA almost all surrogates are "family friends" and payments are agreed and enforced through private verbal deals. I think the couple I know bought the surrogate a BMW.

Messages In This Thread