rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (04-14-2019 01:54 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2019 02:27 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

I don't think that the kamikaze thing was as bad as everybody thinks it is. Or that 'nuking the fridge' was the moment where Indiana Jones fell apart. If I wanted to, I could imagine some technobabble to justify that only an expensive capital ship could kamikaze, ergo it's almost never done. I think we just focus on these, because the movie in general sucked. It was a great scene, that was emotionally and plot-wise disconnected from the rest of the film.

The pathetic thing is that even a mediocre writer could have used the whole "hyperspace death rocket has never been done before" thing to their advantage.

Instead of sending the dynamic duo to find some kind of super dooper master hacker to defeat the empire ship's shields why not send them to find a super dooper master hacker that could manipulate the hyperdrive computer that has always had here-to-fore unhackable anti-collision software.

Captain purple-bitch sells the ruse as "hacking the computer to go randomly hyperspace without suitable fuel levels as a last ditch escape".

Not genius, but about a thousand times less stupid and nonsensical than the plot as it was delivered.

Exactly. Also this is the kind of thing you're supposed to catch when you revise drafts of a script. Which apparently just wasn't done for TLJ. Rian turned in his script and Kennedy just loved and and turned him lose.

Messages In This Thread