rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (04-11-2019 09:43 PM)Kurgan Wrote:  

Syberpunk, I find it ironic that Red Letter Media is complaining about Star Wars not being fun when they were pretty much part of the driving force that brought Star Wars to what it is today.

"Star Wars is back" they said after the Farce Awakens.
"Kylo and Rey were both confused - of course she won - that was logical"

All this prequel hate was simply top-down approved slander.

Lucas did not destroy the Star Wars lore, the prequels still had the internal logic intact, powered-up Jedi and the spirit was in the right place. Plus - all the toys sold like crazy and the world felt larger than ever.

Now the fuckers complained about "practical effects" and all you got was a 2 mio. $ green-milk-tits-monster, a complete copy of the first movie, a Mary Sue, Emo-Darthling Kylo, a stupid world that does not make any sense at all etc.

People hated uselessly on George Lucas because the media chimed in on it willingly - he was one of the last independent movie franchise owners. Yes - he had some stupid ideas, but all of the prequels had fantastic moments in it even if his attempt of a regal dialogue was sometimes stilted. Yes - the guys who wrote Force Unleashed or other Star Wars games would have done a far better job, but so what?

The entire luster was still there. Now the corporate assholes have taken over and killed it in the first movie, but most people did not realize it. The Last Jedi was only corpse fucking and it was only then that they realized that the franchise was dead. But it was felled in the first movie already.

And mark my words - it will not return - those fuckers are uncapable of not putting in a shit-ton of propaganda - plus they have destroyed the crap. All the prequel-haters' statements of "no politics/ world-building in it", "practical effects = small world" and other shit on top of SJW points will continue to destroy the franchise more.

Most people are dumb motherfuckers who don't even know exactly why a franchise works, why they complain about the prequels, but still buy all the toys and merchandise. They did not realize that a few stupid lines and even characters don't ruin the movie completely. I experienced personally the prequels all without any social media, never even read any of the criticism and the movies were fine to me. Sure - I was more a NPC normie, but one who did not read any of their media - and none of the social media about it. But I did saw a lot of self-made movies about many prequel characters like Darth Maul.

I really think that Lucas lacked someone in his environment who could openly assuage his fears, tell him that he could do another set of great movies. His heart was in the right place, but he would need to let go of the process, but give just his input if he liked. He did that with the Force Unleashed game where he just pressed on key story points like a love interest and other things.

Lucasarts could have put out a movie every year just like Disney intended - before they murdered the franchise to thundering applause and a 2 bio. $ boxoffice. And now they are going to do the same with the Marvel movies, only that they don't have corporate/social media/questionnaire approved models where the cogs can say: "The fans did not like politics and too much world-building, so let's give them nothing. They said that there was too much CGI in it, so make it small - a few hobbit-hills on the studio will be fine for the "Rebellion". They liked the old Han Solo, so just give the fuckers the old Han Back - just 40 years older with a removed character arc and none the wiser."

I hated the first Farce Awakens and even re-watching the prequels won't get that back. And you know why? Because the prequels all had grand world-building, no propaganda, a fantastic world in it. Of course it was a bit cheesy at times, but the new movies are 100 times the shit, don't make any sense at all set in a tiny tiny galaxy very close nearby because the SJW-infestation is deep in their assholes.

Messages In This Thread