rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

We might hope that the removal of these childish things - Star Wars and Marvel - will serve as an impetus for some of these man-children to start taking up the responsibilities of adulthood.

To an extent this is what happened to me; first SWe1 was a disappointment, but then I gave SWe2 a chance, since the marketing addressed the fact that nobody liked the first. It was even more disappointing than the first. Upon leaving the theater, I took a step back in my mind - what is all of this Star Wars stuff, anyway? I loved it as a kid - swashbuckling mixed with moral philosophy - but let's be frank: it's all pretty basic stuff. The Jedi philosophy can be boiled down to half a page of quotations, and the setting was completely silly. It's just a movie. And running about obsessing over it is the exact opposite of the feelings it inspired in me as a young man.

It was time to put the childish stories down, and go do the sort of things I dreamed about when I was young. We'll see how many people take advantage of this revelation - that Marvel Cinematic and Star Wars are nothing but corporate IP designed to A) make money, and B) push their ridiculous agenda. They're not moral philosophies. They're not real. They're not even realistic. They're silly children's stories being used to exploit a juvenile population.

Messages In This Thread