rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (02-06-2019 01:15 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

The franchise is in trouble. #7 sucked imo, but it made money because people wanted to see how shit turned out 30 years later. #8 really sucked. It was so bad it was insulting. But again, people went because it’s Star Wars. But something changed. Like fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... #8 didn’t make near as much money. Then there was Solo. That essentially flopped.

They’ll hype up and fake news the shit out of #9 to build enthusiasm. But I don’t see how it’ll work. I’ve already made up my mind. I won’t watch it. People think Abrams’ will salvage it. I doubt it. He’s not that good. And like I said, the force awakens kind of sucked too but we gave it a free pass because it was Star Wars.

I think that when #9 flops, Disney will cut their losses, shelve it, or sell it for a loss when they can optimize the benefits of doing so. The question is whether Kathleen Kennedy will take the fall, or if she’ll be rewarded.

I hope No 9 will finally allow people to figure that out. He's a derivative hack, with a creepy relationship to femininity.

...it occurs to me as I type this that I just explained his successes in geek culture.

Messages In This Thread