rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (10-15-2018 08:40 AM)Alsos Wrote:  

The sequel trilogy's characters are not popular or memorable as far as I can see, so they would have been smart (given the ill will generated by the movie) to put out high-quality tie-ins to develop/rehabilitate those characters and thereby mollify and woo back the hard-core fans - but if they were that smart, they wouldn't have crapped on said fans in the first place.

Why would they? They already think they're amazing. And because they're amazing you should think they're amazing. You must mirror them. They don't have characters.

They seem to think casting will just make up for deficiencies in writing and world building. It doesn't feel connected to the original George Lucas 6. It's lacking the opera of a space opera.

The first sign of worry was when Abrams was directing, but I assume no way way would they go with repainted Rebels Vs Empire, and lo and behold they did just that and I kept saying to myself "Perhaps its complicated then it looks, like a cold war stalemate, and they have put aside their differences near the end of the first film, against a massive threat", imagine if Han Solo is a general for the establishment, but his son has taken up arms in a civil war against the establishment. A sjw cause essentially. They just couldn't help but write a film that wasn't about underdogs because we have a pavolvian response to that apparently. But this would have been the natural right story inside the lore, not heeding the Disney balance sheet.

The New Republic should have the shiny high tech, not hiding put out in the arse end of no were underfunded. Aside from a Terminator future war film, the sequel trilogy will stand as one of the great missed opportunities of popular cinema, and they had all the cards, a genuinely iconic trio, a great universe and previous powerful story, all the money in the world. The prequels were a huge risk compared to this, but here you had a direct connection follow up opportunity and what happens next to THE story of these people and universe.

Messages In This Thread