rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (10-08-2018 12:42 AM)Alsos Wrote:  

I had the opportunity to watch both "Soylo" and "Last Jedi" recently. The latter opportunity I should have turned down, but stupidly didn't.

I thought "Soylo" was a decent movie. I would have liked something better for the Han Solo origin story, but I didn't see any reason to actually hate it. It had a very different feel to it than any of the main line films, not quite like the original trilogy but more like it than any of the others. Plus, unlike "Rogue One", it was actually engaging.

People like to say 'hate isn't the opposite of love, indifference is'. "Last Jedi" was so bad that it couldn't even live up to the hate heaped upon it. It's terrible, just as terrible as everyone said, in exactly the details that everyone has described, but even worse it's terrible in a way that made me not even care. I watched it through, hoping that something would happen that would finally inspire the hatred that I knew intellectually it deserved. But nothing ever did. I'm left struggling not for the words to describe how bad I thought the film was, but to find any more passion to do so than what it's taken to write this one paragraph.

It was that bad.

I actually enjoyed Soylo more than the Last Jedi which says something. The Last Jedi was too damn long with plot holes and just bad writing.

Messages In This Thread