rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Those look nice but you can't make HD out of DVD and LD sources. LaserDisc has about as many lines of resolution as VHS tape (about 240 lines), and DVD is 480 lines maximum.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yLsv...b5ryD4/pub

Quote:Quote:

VIDEO SOURCES:

STAR WARS Episode IV A New Hope Official Blu-Ray 2011 (Preliminary colour correction by You_Too)

STAR WARS 2006 Bonus DVD (sourced from the 1993 Definitive Edition Laser Disc Master - upscales by Dark Jedi, You_Too and Harmy)

Star.Wars.Episode.IV.A.New.Hope.1977.720p.HDTV.x264-DON (2004 DVD Version)

STAR WARS 1997 Special Edition (Reivax DTV capture)

Custom mattes, 35mm and 70mm film cell scans etc.

Team Negative1 35mm LPP print scan of the Mos Eisley sequence

Puggo Grande (1977 16mm print transfer)

After reading through the source list my guess is they're using those HD copies for the bulk of the movie only splicing in the upscaled SD content if there's nothing else to use.

I can't imagine how many hours of effort this took, color correction is an extremely time-consuming process. Weaponized autism at it's finest!

Thanks for the tip I'm going to grab this and have a look. I've got the original trilogy on LaserDisc in my collection, going to pull it and compare with the new BluRay releases.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Messages In This Thread