rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (08-06-2018 06:14 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

The other week, inspiration hit me and I bought all 3 2006 Limited Edition original trilogy DVDs.

On the bonus discs for all three films are original movies before Lucas begin adding in CGI in the late 90s.

The video quality isn't the best, but this is the closest he ever gave them to a respectful DVD release, and as far as I know he never released them again. I'll proudly hold onto these.

It's a shame, though, that Star Wars has gotten so bad I now miss the prequels and how insufferable Lucas could be.

There is a "despecialized" edition of the original trilogy out there that was done in HD. A man who calls himself Harmy made free for download. It's an incredible labour of love. He did it as good, if not a better job that Lucasfilm ever did or will do. Colour graded to the more flatter lifelike colours of the 70's/80's (how it originally was).

I had never seen the original cuts which many raved about, so I went and downloaded at the bay of pirates and was blown away how much more immersive it felt. As it was. The original trilogy's editing is different too. I can see why people are pissed at the changes but I appreciate one or two changes overall (the triumphant ending music change for Return of the Jedi, as the Empire are on their way out the door)

I believe Harmy did his HD release using the Laserdisc and the 2006 dvds you mention as a source.

Half thinking of burning them to blu ray for posterity.

Messages In This Thread