rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

I agree that the downfall of Anakin was handled entirely incorrectly.

Raising a male teen I have respect for the fact that they suddenly come to a lot of physical power that they don't know how to use responsibly, and it can be a very dangerous time in their lives. In a sense they grow the iron fist before they learn the velvet glove.

It would have been far more fitting for Anakin's power to have surpassed even Yoda's or Windu's prior to him learning the restraint to use it responsibly. As it was you only got the sense that the Jedi council regarded him as a spoiled brat of minimal consequence. Obi-Wan defeats him 1v1 in the end and you're left wondering "why was anyone really worried about him in the first place?"

Scenes throughout the movie where Anakin came to power that verged on being massively dangerous and far beyond that of his peers would have made the threat of him turning to the dark side seem more relevant. Something more akin to the broken power levels displayed in Akira. The Jedi council should have been presented with the dilemma of "we have to fix this guy or fix this guy".

[Image: akira-5.gif]

[Image: latest?cb=20161201172242&path-prefix=pt-br]

[Image: a9e04571ee242b77018c2c559842316a.gif]

In the end ObiWan should never have been able to defeat him on his own merit. There should at least have been some level of crafty trickery involved to get by Anakin's supposedly prodigious control of the force.

Frankly I would been happier to see the prequel trilogy ending up leaving the unmistakable impression that Lucas had ripped off the Tetsuo Shima character to whatever degree was reasonably permissible.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread