rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

I saw the movie and I hated pretty much everything in it aside from the cute little robot.

SPOILERS.....

I won't be spending any more money on that crap, because they really dumbed down and destroyed the entire story and recreated it into feminist and revisionist crap.

1. Rey's character as others have said was an orphan without education who survived since childhood on a desert planet scavanging metal parts and selling scrap for food. Despite all that she became a master of enginges, engineering, piloting, knew the MIllennium Falcon better after minutes than Han Solo after decades. She also became a master at combat, wields a massive staff, is so strong in the force that she surpasses a young Sith who can literally stop energy blasts with the force - she surpasses him after mere minutes where she learns the force suckling on the air. She is a teenage superwoman genius engineer, genius pilot, genius wonderkid Super-Jedi. Actually if they would give her 30 more minutes, she should be able to crush Yoda, Luke and any the entire First Order. She is the ultimate feminist girl, who does not need a man and she is also wonderfully asexual in the movie friendzoning Finn like a good feminist champ.

2. Finn - frankly seeing the movie I did not care in the least that he was black. I cared that he was an ugly, stumpy looking, half-the-movie sweating, cowardly, illogical in behavior and uncharismatic guy. He seemed to be the Jar-Jar-Finn who more or less stumbled along, tried to save the damsel while not getting even a peck in return. The Samuel L. Jackson was one of the most powerful Jedis in the universe and now they got Finn - Rey's sidekick, short friendzoned motherfucker who sweats a lot.

3. The main villain - Adam Driver - is in fact 6"3 and sinewy ripped. The costume somehow deliberately changed that. In reality he should tower over everyone there. I liked him more in his portrayal of Lena Dungham boyfriend, because he had more dark charisma in that movie than in this Star Wars sequel by JarJar Abrams.

[Image: 49a65b1a9576422c4f378d2da1f74706.jpg]

What we know of the character is also ridiculous. We see a self-doubting wimp, who despite all his inner turmoil was trained by Luke Skywalker, likely turned over to the dark side in the old Jedi Academy and was powerful enough to kill other trainees back then. We can assume that he was trained almost since birth being Luke's nephew. Then he was continued to be trained by a Sith. In the end you got a Sith or Dark Jedi or whatever who could hold energy projectiles with the force.

Unfortunately this 6'3 200 pound colossus in both strength and force who trained with the laser sword since childhood was almost defeated by Finn a stormtrooper who held a sword for the second time in his life and a 5'7 90 pound girl who just found minutes before that she was a force user. She was powerful enough to pummel one of the most powerful new Jedis in training (we can safely assume that he was one of the best students of Luke or even the best).

Nevermind that he was wounded before - that is just bullocks and a flat excuse by Abrams to pull that shit off. Any soldier and fighter knows that adrenaline shuts off pain and Jedis have superb mind-powers. Even if he would have had need for more concentration for force use, his sword fighting would have been instinctive and the fights would have ended in 3 seconds with both Finn's and Rey's heads lying in the snow.

4. The story was a total rehash of the first movie - they just made a bigger Death Star.

5. Also the entire setup sucked. What the fuck happened in the last decades? Coruscant was comprised of thousands of races and planets, the rebellion won and regained control of the galaxy, so why the fuck were the rebels comprised of some Hobbit-hills and a few dozen paltry ships and a couple planets? And why the fuck did they recruit the First Order in Luton, UK?

6. I even did not like the visual aspects, because they tried to make everything gritty and animalistic. Finn sweated like a pig for 40% of the movie and Rey even looked like a sweaty menial worker in many scenes. In fact all the characters seemed to have been made deliberately ugly. I cannot remember Harrison Ford to look shit as in this movie. They added a hyper-reality filter that showed every pimple I guess.

7. Some scenes were positively B-movie. Like the stormtrooper wanting to kick Finn's ass and throwing away his blaster only to fight a lethal sword with a non-lethal stun baton. He should know that defending against a blaster is only possible for force users since anyone else would die unable to anticipate the shots.

Oh - and the aliens in Han's ship were also B-movie material - they even looked cheap.

8. And why the fuck was the leader of all the seemingly elite stormtroopers a woman? As far as I could see they were all men in combat, but lorded over by one woman. She must have fucked her way to the top, because I cannot imagine that they had no one better for a leadership position of elite infantry men. Men respect abilities and I doubt she surpassed each and everyone of the best of the best. But hey - it's 2015 and women can do it all.

So finally I would say it was visually crap, story crap, feminism and propaganda galore - watchable for hardcore Star Wars fans and SJWs who want to see stupendous girl-power shown.

Even the worst of the Lucas movies was by far better than this shit.

By the way - Lucas is right - it was more a remake of a movie and nothing original. No wonder they had to kill Han Solo off, because he was the old scoundrel of old "toxic" masculinity. They replaced it with the idiotic, simplistic, uncertain and moronic one - those men who are secretly weak and questioning, but only put up a strong facade. God - I hate those feminist motherfuckers and their SJW brigades of movie-makers.

At least I won't be spending any more money on it.

Messages In This Thread