rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

I posted this in the deep forum 'force awakens' thread:

I follow and pay close attention to film media and film making and as such its become very annoying to see how much Hollywood has resorted in pushing its Feminist and PC agendas.

Though Im not that big fan of Star Wars ,I have watched the movies when I was young and have known people who are really into it. I also understand the cultural impact and the revolution in cinema that Star Wars brought.

First of all when Lucas sold the film making rights to Disney ,that itself should have been a major red flag considering the kind of movies Disney has been recently making.

Secondly ,when John Boyega, a black actor, was cast as 'Finn' and as the lead, I thought it would be interesting and gave the benefit of doubt that the actor was picked on merit.
But when the trailers came out and the story started to reveal more , the Force Awakens started to look more and more as a Hollywood PC Agenda piece .

Finn is NOT the main lead.He is among the main characters. But its the Female (Rey) who is the Main Lead. She will be the one who will take out the Main Villain .Just look at the poster for proof.
Finn is a Beta dude in the movie who will follow the Girl's lead . Want further proof?

Watch this :

This shows Finn will be your usual bumbling ,dependent ,learning to be strong on the go dude with some comic relief while Rey will show strength , assertiveness and independence. 'Girrrlll power' will be at its best.

There is also the pilot 'Poe' played by a good actor in Oscar Isaac.

Gentlemen , I can already see Disney making a side plot that will be inspired by the 'twilight' type romance but with a twist that Rey is not damsel in distress and instead is the heroic badass vowed by the 'nice guy' Finn and pseudo cool Poe.

Oh and to top it there are rumors that the only 'manly' dude Han Solo will die in the first movie. And if he doesnt then it will be his sidekick 'Chewbacca'.

Its as if there is no place in big films to have strong independent heroic badass male Characters anymore.

But there is ample place for them to be the villains.
The main villain 'Kylo' is a tall white dude with idealistic issues. He has a lot of 'anger' in him and vows to continue the dark ideology.

Ofcourse Kylo has a strong female by his side too; 'Capt. Phasma' will be played by Gwendoline Christie who was especially chosen because she kicked lots of Male ass in Game of Thrones.
Ill tell you now , she will be there for the next movie too or even all three movies.She will be the ultimate side bad ass ,kicking everyone's butt left right centre.She will be the villain that the audience 'loves' . She would be either stopped by multiple men or by beta Finn who will get the beat down from her but somehow manage to be 'lucky' to stop her and her death will be a bad ass warriors death.

I just laugh at How plain can it get in terms of PC and Feminist Agendas.

But still , why the sudden overdose in Star Wars?
There might be a reason.At least for Star Wars there might be :
[Image: kathleen-kennedy-star-wars-7-jj-abrams.jpg]

Kathleen Kennedy , who started out as Spielberg's secretary , has gone into feminist overdrive after becoming the President of LucasFilms during Disney's takeover.
The other Star Wars movie coming out , the stand alone one ,also has a female lead as the hero.
Moreover ,Kathleen recently said she wants Female Directors for future Star Wars movies :
http://www.businessinsider.com/star-wars...or-2015-12

Its straight up absolutely annoying agenda pushing.

Lastly , Star Wars when it came out was the quintessential Boys Fantasy Movie. What Phoenix said in his post is correct. The three main male characters in new hope represented what boys desired to be. It was a central theme to the movie and the series.

And now people are even denying that . The Director JJ Abrams said somewhat the same and immediately caused an uproar among the Feminists .The SJWs made him apologize :

http://deadline.com/2015/12/jj-abrams-ex...201653533/

How many females actually watched star wars and gave it the legs for it to become the phenomena it is?How many?
I bet the answer hugely pales in comparison to the number of males.

Its surprising how many current male fans can be fine with this as there is not much uproar.Even Mad Max,a movie with significantly less following, had more uproar.

They need to realize that this movie was made for only 2 purposes :1. Guzzle money out of mindless sheep 2. make those mindless sheep adhere to its social agenda.

Messages In This Thread