rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (09-09-2015 01:04 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Quote: (09-09-2015 12:15 AM)SirTimothy Wrote:  

This SJW stuff that gets injected into everything just sort of automatically turns me off the stuff it infects. For example, The Walking Dead used to be my favorite show of the past decade, but when they aired the episode with the fags kissing, it just died to me. That was the last episode I ever watched, and I didn't even bother to finish it.

Thing is, I didn't have to try not to watch that show. I didn't have to exercise any self-control. I just simply didn't want to watch it anymore.

The same thing may be happening to me with Star Wars now. It's bad enough they had to bull-doze the expanded universe to make room for these new movies, now these new movies are likely going to be very sub-par propaganda films.

But I would have been excited to see a Thrawn trilogy. Imagine if, instead of all of this SJW BS, we had a movie about a strong admiral - a military genius - who actually had a way to defeat the alliance and restore the empire! And even had a way to render Jedi useless!

They could have been some of the greatest scifi movies ever. But no, we get a recycled story about a guy who didn't know he was a jedi and a "strong" female all fighting a generic bad guy.

Yeah, and it's looking like the Han/Luke/Leia/Chewie bunch may be getting shoved into the background. I used to like how in the expanded universe, they kept those characters at the front, and then built on them. e.g., Luke got rid of all traces of whiny-ness and became a bad-ass Jedi Master. Oh well.

Messages In This Thread