rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do guys prefer self-help or to hire the skills of a professional / “expert”?

Do guys prefer self-help or to hire the skills of a professional / “expert”?

Quote: (10-03-2018 08:03 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Quote: (10-03-2018 07:53 PM)YoungBlade Wrote:  

Latest DIY project I've completed: installing a tankless water heater, replacing an old water heater which had holes rusted through the bottom and was leaking water in the mechanical room. learned a lot, got it mostly right. Learned about plumbing, hooking up gas lines, and how old and new water heaters work. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thanks for reviving this thread, YoungBlade. From my previous posts in this thread, you can likely realize that I appreciate such a topic and the various potential purpose that engaging in such activities can bring to men - and surely the degree to DIY is going to vary from one guy to another, and various life circumstances that change with the passage of time.

By the way, I am not really familiar with many of the tankless options for waterheaters, but I have seen some variations in my travels and then one minature version, that largely relies on a smaller tank.

Does moving to "tankless" mean that the water runs through a kind of heating element and gets heated up as it flows through? So that takes up a lot less space? I have seen some electric variations of that, but seems like yours is a gas version so there is a kind of heated up flame area?

Yes, there is a gas filled heat chamber the water flows through to be heated. Takes up about as much space as a mini fridge.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Messages In This Thread