rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Testosterone can reshape structure of the brain

Testosterone can reshape structure of the brain

This isn't 'news'. Males go through two bursts of massive testosterone flows, puberty and the other when were in second trimester in utero.

It is known testosterone withers away the corpus callosum during this phase.

Anyone remember the picture a year or two ago about the connections of the brain? Heartiste meme'd it "wage gap explained". It was posted here, I think the study was dine by rajini vahma. It had women having more cross hemisphere kinks, men concentrated I each hemisphere but mire cerebral activity

Its actually intuitive to think of this in a holistic sense. Were all conceived as females, half of us become male. Testosterone kicks in blowing away the corpus callosum, the tissue that links the hemispheres of the brain. You'd expect this to impact on communication abilities.

This is widely accepted with women being communicators.

Most of this function though happens in the limbic part of the brain. As an adaptive measure, evolution then had men develop the cerebral part if the brain, higher order technical abilities, to compensate.

This is what this rajini vahma (sic) chart had shown. Men failing to have any abilities above and beyond women in a cerebral sense, are just women with poor communication skills. This explains men having a wider distribution IQ wise.

Autism and aspergers being more prevalent in older some, and more common in males can be explained by this. Too much testosterone in second trimester blows away too much of the corpus callosum. It also explains why many autists can have extraordinary cerebral abilities.

Guys on TRT cite thinking clearer, a thought bubble if mine, but it all fits.

Messages In This Thread