rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chrissie Hynde Criticized for comments about Rape

Chrissie Hynde Criticized for comments about Rape

Quote: (08-31-2015 08:34 AM)sour grapes Wrote:  

CH created her all male band bc she could not connect with other female musicians. When two of her talented band members died at an early age, it affected her quite a bit.

That'd be the break between the first two albums and the third, when the band becomes Hynde and a revolving band of studio guns, and, whilst still enjoyable, lost a lot in the process. You don't really need anything after 1986's 'Get Close' - one of the best-sounding vinyl albums you'll ever hear, if you can find an original release.

That being said, her elegy for her fallen bandmates, 1984's 'Back On The Chain Gang' was one of the favourite 7 inch singles of my youth.

The guy currently singing my songs is a master interpreter due to his vocal magpie style, and I could hear he had lifted many vocal inflections from Hynde, something my sister also noted. That's how good Hynde is as a frontwoman.

Messages In This Thread