rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to open a bar in 2016, and why

Where to open a bar in 2016, and why

Quote: (08-28-2015 02:41 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Quote: (08-28-2015 02:29 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (08-28-2015 02:09 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Europe is already sussed. There are many bars on the market there, all the time, for peanuts.

They are peanuts for a reason.

Location is everything in tourist spots and you are looking mega money for a top place in Ibiza etc.

Hundreds of thousands, not tens.

I agree. Western Europe is obviously way too expensive. In Europe it could only be Romania, Kiev or the Baltics... (or the Greek Islands yes, it sounds promising: steady influx of rich German tourists, cheap labor costs, with the benefit of EU protection and rule of law)

But anyway, cost-wise, certainly SEA or Colombia-Mexico seem better... for example, I have been told that in Colombia, red-tape and paperwork are easy to navigate for a small investor...

Would you really feel safe in Colombia or Mexico!!

I play football with a Colombian who had a gun pulled on him twice in his native country, he owned a small business. After the second time he left with his family and moved to Canada.

There are lot of bars in resort towns in Europe, I was in Spain a few years back and I had some real disgusting food. Granted they were Brits not Spaniards that owned the place.

I knew French people who opened a small bakery in Playa del Carmen (in the safest area)... they just had to pay some bribe to the police, and the local mafia was not interested in their small, under the radar business... mafia goes after big money. At least in Yucatan. In Colombia, I'm not sure, it depends on the city surely...

"I was in Spain a few years back and I had some real disgusting food. Granted they were Brits not Spaniards"
Man, as a French I can tell you a golden rule: never eat anything cooked by an English person. No offense meant to our dear British neighbours, but... English cuisine. It's a big no-go zone.

Messages In This Thread