rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to open a bar in 2016, and why

Where to open a bar in 2016, and why

Quote: (08-27-2015 04:23 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

I am thinking of opening, beginning of 2016, a bar/pub abroad. Or a hostel combined with bar. Well, could you give me advice on that? Not that much about the technical constraints (even though legal details do interest me), amount of working-hours involved... but more like, where would you do it, in which city, and why there?

It's feasible if you know how to run one. It's basically the easiest way, in terms of visas, to settle in another country (depending on if you consider marriage 'easy'). Governments are generally favourable to foreign capital inflows, as they get to loot a percentage from it. For instance, in Japan I think the capital threshold is about $50K, so if you can buy or setup a bar or cafe or whatever worth more than that, you're set. The only issue then is the bar paying for itself, which is where the 'knowing how to run one' (inc. marketing and theming it right) comes in.

I disagree with Menace - I've met many people who've done exactly this, and some of them had done exceedingly well (i.e. they caught an wave). Something like this would be my go-to for attempting to move permanently to another country if I had a free chunk of capital to spare.

As for city, don't know. Probably some sunny place in Asia that's completely off the map, peaceful, pleasurable and scenic, and no-ones ever heard of.

Quote: (08-27-2015 04:23 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Vietnam (Saigon, or a coastal city)
The Philippines (God, let it not be Manila, I dislike pollution)
If you dislike pollution, you'll hate Saigon. Very much so. You know you're breathing in some seriously thick nasty shit, but it's not until visiting a coastal area that you really appreciate just how pleasurable fresh air is. I think Thailand would be OK, but foreign ownership laws are quite restrictive.

Messages In This Thread