rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to open a bar in 2016, and why

Where to open a bar in 2016, and why

(Surprisingly, I didn't find any recent thread here about opening a bar abroad)

I am thinking of opening, beginning of 2016, a bar/pub abroad. Or a hostel combined with bar. Well, could you give me advice on that? Not that much about the technical constraints (even though legal details do interest me), amount of working-hours involved... but more like, where would you do it, in which city, and why there?

So I'm looking for a place where tourism is thriving, local economy is ok so people have money to spend, rule of law is quite satisfactorily guaranteed, visas are easy to obtain, foreign owners don't get harassed... and operative costs are low. This would be my bar-paradise (soon to be turned into poosy paradise, as a side effect - trust me on that)[Image: banana.gif]

I have some ideas already, some from my own extensive traveling, other from careful reading of this invaluable RooshV forum...:

Vietnam (Saigon, or a coastal city)

The Philippines (God, let it not be Manila, I dislike pollution)

Bali

Thailand

Cambodia (in honor of Beyond Borders[Image: wink.gif])

Beijing, or Hainan island

Florida (or other place in the US, but excluding tourists-magnet Zanesville)

DF or Playa del Carmen

Colombia (Medellin, Barranquilla, Bogota... no Santa Marta, thanks)

Florianopolis
Buenos Aires

Kiev
Moscou, St Pete
Riga, Tallinn...

So, if you have a destination or two in mind[Image: idea.gif] where you'd think opening a bar could work out fine... thanks for telling me, and telling me the whys.

(Note: I'd want to invest just like 30 or 40 thousand USD, so, probably no ownership of the building, just renting the location)

Messages In This Thread