rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wife Hunting Abroad

Wife Hunting Abroad

Quote: (12-28-2018 04:47 PM)Day Game Bang Wrote:  

My kind of thread! Will keep a close watch on it. I will try to go thru all 46 pages.

Agreed, I'm going through all of it right now from start to finish, and the sun's coming up here in the Philippines. It's 6 a.m. now and I can't put the thread down. I'm on page 28, and the knowledge dropped is absolute gold if you're location independent already and looking to pick a destination.

So right now I'm thinking Vietnam, but considering the various cities. So far in the thread, Travesty stated he preferred Da Nang and Hanoi for living/quality of life, he thought Saigon was a chaotic mess (paraphrasing), and he thought he girls in Hanoi were prettier and more conservative (but he stressed the country's women as a whole were conservative, just that Hanoi was slightly more conservative).

Here's Travesty, regarding beauty in Vietnam:

Quote: (10-30-2016 08:26 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Just FYI I thought Saigon was much worse for LTR women (as in I would never go there again) compared to Da Nang and Hanoi.

I honestly don't get the draw to Saigon at all. Horrific Freddy Kreuger traffic, no metro, no subway. Pretty horrific nightlife. Seems the further you go north you get more Chinese and a little mixed French blood here and there with better looking taller women too, nicer bone structure within Vietnam. Saigon down south seems like shorter women and you get that plain smorgasbord facial look of Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, to a certain extent Thailand. The little Ewok with no sharp high cheekbones, no cute little noses with a little bit of a Tinkerbell point to them, or any other facial features that pop out in a good way.

Saigon seems like the team going 2 wins 14 losses in the Vietnamese city league. Didn't even make the playoffs!

And Onto, regarding the increasing divorce rates in Vietnam, especially in urban centers:

Quote: (10-30-2016 08:05 PM)Onto Wrote:  

While doing some light research on Vietnam family law I came across this article. It suggests Vietnamese women (at least in the big cities) are becoming more westernized. But then again, it's just an article. I'm looking forward to gaining my own experience here.

Vietnam Divorces

Quote:Quote:

The arrival of Starbucks and McDonald's aren’t the only signs that Vietnam is starting to look more like a developed country. According to a new survey, the country’s divorce rate has skyrocketed over the past decade, especially in urban areas, reports Shanghai Daily:

“According to a recent survey co-conducted by Vietnam's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and the General Statistics Office, and with support from the United Nations Children's Fund(UNICEF), the number of divorces in Vietnam has increased over the years, from 51,361 cases in 2000 to 88,591 cases in 2010, and 145,791 cases in 2013. As of November 2013, Vietnam's population had reached 90 million.”

A separate study by the Vietnam Institute of Social Sciences confirmed the above findings, adding that 60% of the divorces are made up of young couples, with ages ranging from 23 to 30 years while 70% of divorced couples had a marriage life of one to seven years.

On the demographic side, studies “found that women accounted for 70% of people who forwarded their divorce cases to courts and intellectuals and state employees made up the majority of the total divorcees.”

Professor Nguyen Huu Minh, head of the Institute for Family and Gender Studies under the Vietnam Institute of Social Sciences, said that in recent years, one out of every four married couples got divorced, adding that:

"Most of the young divorcees lack 'soft skills' in life, as they are normally the 'only child' in their family and they have enjoyed too much care and attention from their parents, which makes them selfish people. In their marriage life, they lack altruism and patience and they often resort to divorce or separation."

Spoiled kids make for poor spouses. Who would have thought?

Then Patriarch agrees with Travesty regarding a lack of live-ability for Saigon:

Quote: (10-30-2016 11:09 PM)Patriarch Wrote:  

Yeah Saigon is really a shitshow, there aren't many attractive girls here. You really need to have several years experience with the language to even have a shot with decent girls. Hot sluts don't date foreigners and hot good girls can't communicate with you. Night life is abysmal, traffic makes going a few blocks take 30 minutes during rush hour. There's really only one comfortable month out of the year, too--the rest of the year it pours every day, making dates impossible, or it's too hot and humid to go outside. Spot on assessment, Travesty. Hanoi in general is just a much more livable city than Saigon.

Tweezy I'm not really sure what you mean about traffic. Living and working centrally means you are getting the worst of the traffic, all day long. District 1 is a complete clusterfuck. The only way you avoid traffic in this city is by living in D2 or D7 and also working there, but then you might as well live in the suburbs back in a western country.

Also, Malone popped in earlier, and it turns out he met his wife in Saigon. She's a Vietnamese girl over a decade younger than him, and he brought her back to his country already, which is pretty amazing. Also (and this is unrelated to this thread, but related to Vietnam wife hunting), Dash, who posts on Swoop The World, thinks Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) is the only game in town in Vietnam as far as dating due to the diminished percentage of English speakers and limited online dating options anywhere outside of Saigon.

Ok, I'll stop quoting, just read the thread.

Messages In This Thread