rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 2015 Canadian Federal Election Thread

The 2015 Canadian Federal Election Thread

The Green Party is proposing to eliminate university and college tuition in Canada

Quote:Quote:

The Green Party made a number of commitments Wednesday morning, which include putting small businesses in the spotlight and slashing Canada’s student debt.

“We still start investing in Canada’s future by abolishing tuition fees for students without adequate financial means,” read the Party’s platform package. “Through consultation and collaboration with provincial governments and universities and colleges, by 2020 we will abolish tuition fees for post-secondary education and skills training for Canadians.”

Link:
https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news/Nat...rb_by_2020

On a policy level I think this is a silly idea, it will just lead to more young people wasting their early years on useless Arts & Humanities degrees.

But on a personal level, considering that I'm a student I hope this leads to one or more of the actual contending parties vowing to reduce tuition costs. Maybe the NDP if they feel like the greens are coming too hard at them from the left and want to bolster their base

"The price of being a man is eternal vigilance." - Kareem-Abdul Jabar

Messages In This Thread