rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Donald Trump thread

The Donald Trump thread

One point that's recurred a few times in this thread is the idea that Trump is rich, so he can't be bought. Whether he'd make a good president or not, that's at least a point in his favor, right?

I don't think that's true. Let's say he has $8 billion dollars as his net worth. Our natural assumption is "Well fuck, he's a billionaire. He doesn't have to worry about money now. So all the lobbying and dealmaking, campaign financing isn't an issue."

I think billionaires actually want even more money. He's thinking "Shit, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett has about 10 times my net worth." Instead of someone from a background like Clinton or Obama where they are seeking to raise themselves from the masses, someone like Trump would seek to surpass even the super-elite.

I don't know how the actual mechanics of how this corruption and backroom dealing works, but the usual suspects can still throw around enough money even for a billionaire to take note, no?

Messages In This Thread