rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Major League Baseball Star's Pay Stub Goes Viral

Major League Baseball Star's Pay Stub Goes Viral

Quote: (05-23-2015 06:15 PM)marty Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2015 05:54 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:41 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:24 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

- Tariffs: What if other states just stop doing business with you to avoid the tariffs and find other trading partners?

I'm convinced a tariff is the beginning of a solution. Judging, if for no other reason, by who opposes it. First they imported low-wage, low-skill labor from abroad (agricultural, domestic work). Then, they exported skilled (manufacturing) and white-collar labor (programming). The result is a bunch of thirsty workers fighting over the scraps. Yet we still elect a Bush or Clinton (or Obama) into office, thinking that this Goldman Sachs-funded automaton will be different.

Tariffs would not hurt that much, but there's no way tariffs alone could support the current leviathan state we have in it's present state. Only a net-worth tax could make do, and only a net-worth tax is fair because it taxes evenly and lifts the burden of taxation off the middle class and poor.

I fail to see how any tax system is "fair". How is net worth tax any fairer than a fixed base tax that's the same for everyone. Ok, you will say the point of that is to help the poor. Let's assume this is true. Why should someone pay x% after his total net worth? Should someone pay for the same things (infrastructure, education, etc.) 10x more taxes if he makes 10x? Why? Because it's fair? Pumping back money from the rich to the poor is only a band-aid for the poor. Everyone living equally with equal amount of money is a pure fantasy, nothing more. We tried, it was even worse than democracy. It's called communism.

You're battling straw-men; no idea who you're even talking to. I'm talking about the best way to manage taxes in a world that needs government, then you start babbling about some imaginary utopia where no one needs to be taxed because it's not fair for anyone to be taxed and contribute to their community or something.

Try reading my posts and, before posting, read the posts back to yourself to see if they make any sense.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread