rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "All Things Freelance" Thread

The "All Things Freelance" Thread

Quote: (10-12-2015 03:14 PM)shameus_oreaaly Wrote:  

Has anyone tried selling services without a freelancer framework? I closed my peopleperhour account because I wanted to set my own delivery time and charge more for work-like editing and ghostwriting, which might take several weeks, and can't be offered through PPH, which limits me to five days max.
Obviously there are work-arounds but there's a limit to the amount of work I could deliver in five days, whatever I charge via PPH or Odesk or anywhere else.
Are there any solutions that would protect a customer as well as me, and let me set a contract for how long work would take to deliver?

I have had pretty good luck in getting people who watch my Youtube videos or read my blogs contacting me asking for assistance with various things. Both those platofrms allow you to establish yourself as an expert and share your knowledge and if people want personalized help they can always contact you.

I have also managed to get some Fiverr buyers off of Fiverr, not even with me pushing but just them suggesting. I had a popular coaching/consullting gig that I took down and another I stopped offering skype calls for as it was getting too time consuming. I had people contact me asking about it, I told them too time consuming not worth $4, they contacted me off Fiverr and wound up paying over $100 an hour but it's tough as most Fiverr buyers want deals.

On a side note if any of you are on Fiverr and want to do receiprical feedback PM me. Basically we each buy each others gig and leave a feedback, we both only lose $1.50 per review. I do a fair amount of sales on there but only 2 of my 7 gigs sell so I'd like to get some action on some of the others.

Messages In This Thread