rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lying about Santa Claus

Lying about Santa Claus

Santa is great. Let kids bask in their imagination, innocence, and naivety of believing in him. Don't steal that away from them like Western society has stolen pretty much all innocent joys of childhood. Their belief in Santa will only last until about 9-years old, anyway. If done right, Santa and Christmas festivities will give children fond and lasting memories until the day they die. It's cruel to needlessly crush them with reality earlier than necessary. With those fun and innocent childhood memories, when your kids are adults they'll do the same for their kids. Thus passing down traditions; and in a way sustaining culture.

I have my 2 boys write letters to Santa and as an added touch I write Santa letters back. I also give them a nice build-up to Christmas by letting them wake up to a present they can each open (boring, cheap presents labeled from mom/dad) each of the 3 morning before Christmas. Also do the usual watching of Christmas movies and cartoons from Thanksgiving night until Christmas Eve to keep stoking the spirit, burning memories into their minds, and creating traditions they'll pass down the line.

I do pick my battles, though. Had to say most Santas they see aren't real and that they're just helping Santa out because he's so busy up in the North Pole... also said Rudolph and Frosty aren't real when asked to not damage my credibility on Santa being real. The only thing missing for my kids is the snow and cold that adds a lot to the whole Christmastime spirit.

Messages In This Thread